Please help me

Hi i’m creating ending runner on android by using blueprint.While my character is running how do i create an object kill player? i want to create an object kill player or any spike kill player i can’t think of it.i want my game have killer or spike like cookie run and jack pack joyride

my question is : how do i create killer like a laser will appear and it will stand still 10 second and disappear ?
should i use blueprint random those things?

actually i’m watching the tutorials but that isn’t what i want

does anyone have better ways or specific way ? please help me
Thanks.

To make an object kill the player you need to create a health integer value in the player blueprint and set it to drop a certain value when hit. Have that linked to a branch checking if health integer value is less or equal to 0. If true either destroy the actor or disable input. For the spike blueprint you need to have it cast to the player blueprint and subtract health integer value when overlaped. I’ll upload a screenshot example when i get back home

I’m really glad and appreciate what you’ve said by the way i’m looking forward for the screenshot
thank you for helping me. :smiley:

I’m really glad and appreciate what you’ve said by the way i’m looking forward for the screenshot
thank you for helping me. :smiley:

Sorry I took so long to reply. Had my own error in UE to deal with but it’s fixed now.
Here are a couple of screenshots.

Player Health:

Other actor apply Damage (in my case it’s a projectile)

I think what you need from that blueprint is the begin overlap, cast to the player and do apply damage. On the Player BP the engine will notice the apply damage command, the value, etc and remove HP from the integer value and do everything else you link it to do.
Don’t worry about the projectile owner. I don’t think you need it for what you’re looking for. In this case it’s setting which AI fire the projectile.

Actually you might not need to cast to the player. Try just applying damage on overlap and see if that works.
If that doesn’t work you can always do it by making a custom event on the player, casting to the player and triggering that custom event to remove HP.
Don’t forget to set a value for the HP integer or it will be 0 by default.

it’s very useful for me i can a little bit think of it after this i’ll try to more practice and make sure to understand that and soon i think i might message you soon haha anyway thank you so much