Download

Playfab,Gamessparks UE4 integration tutorials

a livestream on playfab,gamesparks tutorial…what type of games should use what and why we should use it and the long term scenerio plus all the versus graphs showing costs/latency etc.

Hey people! we’ve just released a new set of tutorials which aim to give you a robust understanding of our platform, simple tutorials which make it easy to use the platform and expose you to few of our many features! It’s super easy to follow and you’ll have a game integrated with the GameSparks plugin and communicating with the back-end platform in no time! Please check it out, we’re always open for feedback and are constantly trying to help and make this platform the best it can be!

https://docs.gamesparks.net/tutorials/creating-a-game

this is nice! hope it will be working in 4.10!

btw you guys have some warnings in 4.9.3:

C:\Users\dupa\Documents\UnrealProjects\ShooterTutorial\Plugins\GameSparks\Source\GameSparksBaseSDK\src\mbedtls/ctr_drbg.c(183) : warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'int' to 'unsigned char', possible loss of data
C:\Users\dupa\Documents\UnrealProjects\ShooterTutorial\Plugins\GameSparks\Source\GameSparksBaseSDK\src\mbedtls/ssl_tls.c(1348) : warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'int' to 'unsigned char', possible loss of data
C:\Users\dupa\Documents\UnrealProjects\ShooterTutorial\Plugins\GameSparks\Source\GameSparksBaseSDK\src\mbedtls/ssl_tls.c(1643) : warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'int' to 'unsigned char', possible loss of data
C:\Users\dupa\Documents\UnrealProjects\ShooterTutorial\Plugins\GameSparks\Source\GameSparksBaseSDK\src\mbedtls/ssl_tls.c(2490) : warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'int' to 'unsigned char', possible loss of data
C:\Users\dupa\Documents\UnrealProjects\ShooterTutorial\Plugins\GameSparks\Source\GameSparksBaseSDK\src\mbedtls/ssl_tls.c(5895) : warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'int' to 'unsigned char', possible loss of data
C:\Users\dupa\Documents\UnrealProjects\ShooterTutorial\Plugins\GameSparks\Source\GameSparksBaseSDK\src\mbedtls/ssl_tls.c(5896) : warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'int' to 'unsigned char', possible loss of data
C:\Users\dupa\Documents\UnrealProjects\ShooterTutorial\Plugins\GameSparks\Source\GameSparksBaseSDK\src\mbedtls/ssl_tls.c(5901) : warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'int' to 'unsigned char', possible loss of data
C:\Users\dupa\Documents\UnrealProjects\ShooterTutorial\Plugins\GameSparks\Source\GameSparksBaseSDK\src\mbedtls/ssl_tls.c(5902) : warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'int' to 'unsigned char', possible loss of data
C:\Users\dupa\Documents\UnrealProjects\ShooterTutorial\Plugins\GameSparks\Source\GameSparksBaseSDK\src\mbedtls/ssl_cli.c(711) : warning C4310: cast truncates constant value
C:\Users\dupa\Documents\UnrealProjects\ShooterTutorial\Plugins\GameSparks\Source\GameSparksBaseSDK\src\mbedtls/bignum.c(1239) : warning C4245: '=' : conversion from 'int' to 'mbedtls_mpi_uint', signed/unsigned mismatch
C:\Users\dupa\Documents\UnrealProjects\ShooterTutorial\Plugins\GameSparks\Source\GameSparksBaseSDK\src\mbedtls/ecp.c(471) : warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'int' to 'unsigned char', possible loss of data
C:\Users\dupa\Documents\UnrealProjects\ShooterTutorial\Plugins\GameSparks\Source\GameSparksBaseSDK\src\mbedtls/ecp.c(1568) : warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'int' to 'unsigned char', possible loss of data
C:\Users\dupa\Documents\UnrealProjects\ShooterTutorial\Plugins\GameSparks\Source\GameSparksBaseSDK\src\mbedtls/md.c(454) : warning C4244: 'return' : conversion from 'const int' to 'unsigned char', possible loss of data
C:\Users\dupa\Documents\UnrealProjects\ShooterTutorial\Plugins\GameSparks\Source\GameSparksBaseSDK\src\mbedtls/rsa.c(1073) : warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'unsigned int' to 'unsigned char', possible loss of data
C:\Users\dupa\Documents\UnrealProjects\ShooterTutorial\Plugins\GameSparks\Source\GameSparksBaseSDK\src\mbedtls/asn1write.c(216) : warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'int' to 'unsigned char', possible loss of data
C:\Users\dupa\Documents\UnrealProjects\ShooterTutorial\Plugins\GameSparks\Source\GameSparksBaseSDK\src\easywsclient\easywsclient.cpp(452) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'short', possible loss of data
C:\Users\dupa\Documents\UnrealProjects\ShooterTutorial\Plugins\GameSparks\Source\GameSparksBaseSDK\src\easywsclient\easywsclient.cpp(750) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'short', possible loss of data
C:\Users\dupa\Documents\UnrealProjects\ShooterTutorial\Plugins\GameSparks\Source\GameSparksBaseSDK\src\cjson\cJSON.cpp(111) : warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'int', possible loss of data
C:\Users\dupa\Documents\UnrealProjects\ShooterTutorial\Plugins\GameSparks\Source\GameSparksBaseSDK\src\GameSparks\IGSPlatform.cpp(234) : warning C4267: 'argument' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
C:\Users\dupa\Documents\UnrealProjects\ShooterTutorial\Plugins\GameSparks\Source\GameSparksBaseSDK\src\GameSparks\IGSPlatform.cpp(237) : warning C4267: 'argument' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
C:\Users\dupa\Documents\UnrealProjects\ShooterTutorial\Plugins\GameSparks\Source\GameSparksBaseSDK\src\GameSparks\IGSPlatform.cpp(237) : warning C4189: 'result' : local variable is initialized but not referenced
C:\Users\dupa\Documents\UnrealProjects\ShooterTutorial\Plugins\GameSparks\Source\GameSparksBaseSDK\src\GameSparks\IGSPlatform.cpp(248) : warning C4267: 'argument' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
C:\Users\dupa\Documents\UnrealProjects\ShooterTutorial\Plugins\GameSparks\Source\GameSparksBaseSDK\src\GameSparks\IGSPlatform.cpp(251) : warning C4267: 'argument' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
C:\Users\dupa\Documents\UnrealProjects\ShooterTutorial\Plugins\GameSparks\Source\GameSparksBaseSDK\src\GameSparks\IGSPlatform.cpp(251) : warning C4189: 'result' : local variable is initialized but not referenced

It would be nice to get tutorials about:

• Getting scores from leaderboards so I can show hiscores with nicknames, scores and rang,
  • How to create challenges,

Those tutorials are coming soon intoxicat3! I aim to finish them off by this month :slight_smile:

We recently looked into 4.10 and I think the plugin works in it in our latest repository :smiley: If not, then it will very soon! The team was definitely looking into it. And thank you! Yes we are working constantly on the plugin so warnings are okay for now, but if anything breaks, make sure you let us know!

One thing that I would like to ask. There is option to reset the leaderboards weekly - is there any event that comes from the server with list of top scores?

I’m asking because I would like to price top 10 players weekly.

Looking forward for those tutorials! I will use gamesparks in ShooterTutorial and post tutorials about the integration and creating leaderboards as well.

I have one question - I would like to use analytics, trying to send analytics request but can’t see it in dashboard. How to properly send analytics data? (eg player dead count)