PlayerStart Spawning outside level or going through collisions

HI ,

Ok, So I’m getting fimiliar with UE4 and following a couple of tutorials. I’ve setup a basic level just to get things started and I’m having problems with spawning my player. Basically, it either spawns outside the level if I place the **PlayerStart **on the platform. If I place my **PlayerStart **in the middle of the level, it will just go through the collisions.

So this is what I have:

• I’m using Paper2D
  • I’ve tried leaving the collisions on the sprites and removing them (in the sprite editor)… same result.
  • I’ve setup my level making sure no sprites are interfering with the PlayerStart.
  • I’ve added collision boxes in my level making sure that they place at 0.0 on the Y axis. (the **PlayerStart **is set at 0.0 on Y axis as well)
  • I’ve tried putting the Collision Presets to **InvisibleWall **or BlockAll… same result.
  • None of the collision boxes are touching each other.
  • I’ve changed the **DefaultPawnClass **to reflect the one I created and I also the **GameMode **as well to an empty one.

See screenshot (Red Arrow shows where the player actually spawns)

So why is my player not spawning properly and why are the collisions not working?

Thanks

I ended up re-installing UE4… now everything works. Must of been one of those "corrupt installation"moment. :wink: