Play two different roles.

Hello. I am VERY new to Unreal Engine and I’ve been looking around for suggestions on how to do role selection that fits my description.

My game is a 4v1 multiplayer game and I want players to have the option to either play as “people” or as a “monster”. Both roles have entirely different objectives in matches. I’m wondering what would be the best way to execute this idea.

I know my way around C# but wanted to switch to C++ as it seemed more accessible, I made this switch only a few days ago, and therefore I know absolutely nothing practically. If anyone would spend some of their time to lecture me about this process in the comments, it would be much appreciated.

Sorry but noone will spent his/her time to explain you everything what you need for a complete a multiplayer game and everything.

Game development is a complex task and so you have to start like everyone else, with the basics.

Go to unrealengine.com and start with the basic learning tutorials.

Learn what PlayerController, PlayerCharacter, GameMode and so on are. Learn how to implement multiplayer replication. Learn how to create assets. And when you have done all of this the forum might be the right place to ask specific questions.

Furthermore I would start with something simple and not with a complex multiplayer game.