i made an actor that makes a rope out of capsule collisions so that it interacts with physics. i was goin to use it for a game but i figure it probably needs a lot more work so i’m going to post the project here and hopefully get some feedback on ways to improve it. or you could just mess around with it like i do most of the time. it’s all blueprints, nothing is commented on altough i made a video that hopefully will help show how it works possibly maybe.
video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sovRP_sdlXA&t
download link: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AvSqHq0VpQ8Ug4BTh1JFGJ444iKKLg
added a onedrive link, hopefully it works
- code is not very readable
- the mesh used for the rope is way detailed and should probably be replaced
- freaky physics at times
- hard to get the behaviour you want. string vs cable
- probably don’t put hundeds of ropes in the same scene and definetly don’t try to use it as grass. trust me
- doesn’t work in multiplayer i think
what do you think?
also how can I improve this post? is this even the right section?