Physics | BP_Child Pickup

So this topic was started over in BP Visual Scripting, but I am hoping to get more answers on this side… (Original thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?85334-Simulate-Physics)

I am trying to create a Master Pickup Actor that has children that will act as Master Pickups for different types of items and I cannot seem to get the physics figured out.

My goal is to have this one Master Pickup Actor that is responsible for Item Data (struct) and Collision Overlapping to use a pickup event to pickup the actor and create Child Actors from it that will have their own specific data structures.
Insert cheesy example:

BP_MasterPickupActor:
Root
-Pickup Collision Trigger
Item Data Struct

BP_MasterPickupActor_Child1:
Root
–Static Mesh
Item Data Struct
Example Data Struct1

BP_MasterPickupActor_Child2:
Root
–Skeletal Mesh
Item Data Struct
Example Data Struct2

So to get to the issue is simulating physics on the mesh and still having the pickup collision trigger stay with the mesh when the mesh has been dropped or moved etc…
I have found that in order for the collision trigger to follow the mesh is to have the collision sphere to be a child of the mesh, the only problem with that is that the collision sphere is inheriting the collision from the mesh, and making it to were the collision sphere is blocking the pawn and not overlapping the pawn.

I have tried changing the collision of the collision sphere in the construction script, but have had no luck.

Any input would be lovely while I still have hair left on my head!

Thanks
Matt