Download

PC Freezes when trying to Package/Cook my Project

Same issue as stated above. Sadly, I can’t package or cook my project that I’ve been working on for about 5 months. The process just randomly freezes my entire pc after a short while (so it’s actually doing something up to a certain point). I don’t really know what the issue is. I have done all the steps that have helped me package a different project before (like uncollapsing graphs and refreshing my stuctures etc.) with no result.

The last time the PC Froze when the UE4Cooker tried to recompile certain level assets (if this is of any help)

Thanks in advance,
Yannick

You could be running out of memory. Have you optimized your project? One of the biggest ways to do that is to remove any unused assets.

What are your specs out of curiosity?

It might be that. I have 16GB of 3222MHz RAM (G.Skill Trident Z). I also have an Intel i7-8700K.

I have never encountered problems with any programs or other freezes similar to this, however, optimization never really was my priority, even though my map consists of only blockout shapes.

I will look into this further,
Thank you for your reply.

1 Like

I have optimised my Game Quite a bit; not just storage wise but also deleting uneccesary tick functions etc. Sadly, I still cannot package it. I will move on to uncollapsing even more Graphs and just trying anything the internet suggests.

What level assets caused your initial freezes out of curiosity? This could be your culprit.

Also check to see if the engine is still spitting out a log when your cook fails. It could provide useful information as to the specific cause that precedes the freeze.