Pawn with 2 Colliders

Hello, this is my first time posting here. I’ve done a lot of reading regarding this topic and I’m struggling to find the best path to move forward with my project.

So my current issue is that I am making a player character in a Pawn class and I think I need two colliders. From my understanding and testing, when having two colliders on a pawn only the root collider functions properly. The reason I’m doing this is due to my player character traversing two planes (one above one below) simultaneously and needing to alternate which collider is active depending on which side they are traversing. Having a single large collider that covers both of them causes the issue of objects on one side blocking movement of the character on the other. I thought of trying to use two separate characters but ran into issues of their movement not being synced and collisions causing them to no longer be synced.

I’m still in the early phases of development but I want to make sure I don’t start working on something that will haunt me later, so I’m curious if I’m missing something obvious, or if there are other ways to achieve what I’m looking for that are less complicated. I would greatly appreciate any and all input.