Pawn walking on other Pawn

I need to create a system in BP where a character controlled by one player can walk around and be aligned to a spaceship controlled by another player. I’ve already experimented a bit with planar movement and changing the first pawn’s rotation to match the second one’s, but so far I’ve got nothing.

Here’s a screenshot, the first pawn can walk around on the spaceship while it’s moving forward, but as you can see when it rolls the first pawn doesn’t follow and eventually falls to the ceiling.

Thanks in advance!

Is this not possible in Blueprint, or is there another reason no one’s replying?

This is a quite huge topic right now.

To properly get what for example Star Citizen is doing you need a local grid. Maybe this would work with a physics volume to just have gravity point in the correct direction relative to the ship, maybe you would have to create something more complex.

However most importantly why it’s currently not working even if you just walk (because the planar movement will fail once you jump) is because the CharacterMovementComponent is not able to walk on walls beyond 90° angle. Even less if you didn’t increase it from the 45° default setting. You will have to modify that class in C++ or write your own movement from the get go in order to fix this right now. There are plans from epic to change this class so it works for walking on walls and ceilings as well but as of now it’s not released.

Cheers

Ok, thanks for your reply. I’ll try physics volumes, then I’ll see about creating my own character. This is a pretty important feature in my game, so it’ll need to be done soon. I also tried Physics Constraints, but then the ship spins out of control whenever the player tries to walk.

Okay, physics volumes don’t seem to do anything except change gravity, so I’ll start working on a custom character I guess.