- World 2 Survival Game

How is this comment at all constructive to this thread.

You guys continue to amaze me with your creativity and expression with this project. Keep up the great work! I still look forward to see this come full circle.

Thanks DevilsD. We’re working hard and staying busy. Things are really starting to pick up. :slight_smile:

Hey there, guys! First of all, this is a really, really nice project. I love the models you have created so far, and the outline of the game indeed sounds very intriguing. However, I am wondering if you’re aiming this game to be more of an individual game, like Dayz can be sometimes: you have to survive for yourself, killing opponents in order to get their weapons, money, etc. Or will this be more of a team effort?

Cheers! I’ll be sure to stick around and give you some feedback. This project really deserves some more acknowledgement.

BOOM

Thanks Bromand77!

****** can played both as an individual game, like DayZ, where you have to survive for yourself and kill opponents to salvage materials needed to survive, and more like a team effort where you can form up squads with your friends. A big part of what we’re doing with is making the game highly customizable so that players can experience The Second Great however they like. If they want to play as a random psychopath running up and down the beaches of Omaha and the wine farms of Normandy gunning down both Allied and German troops, they can. If players want to group up with their friends and make a squad, that’ll be possible as well and gameplay systems will shift to incorporate that such as squad based resource sharing, among other things.

Hey i was looking over your 1911, i think your stampings are incorrect (just giving some positive criticism seeing that your going for a bit of accuracy) you may want to take another look.

Holy! This looks beautiful!

Thanks for the feedback ActivistMonkey. We went for something like this. No good?

Destruction Test.

MP40 WIP

Change Log v0.0.7

• Players can now host an online game session through non-dedicated servers.
  • Players can now search for existing game sessions.
  • Players can now join an existing game session.
  • Players can now the running session they are in and go back to the main menus.
  • Players can now navigate through a very basic main menu setup to host, join, or exit the game.
  • Players will find an options button in the main menu intended to hold all controls over the game’s settings. Clicking on it will currently do nothing.
  • Players can now pause a game while in a running session. From their, they can resume the game or exit the session.
  • Players can now host/search for/join both regular multiplayer and LAN games.
  • Players now see a “” splash screen when the game is booting up.
  • Developers will now see a custom splash screen when booting up the editor.
  • Developers will now see the “” icon in Unreal’s launcher when they go to select a project to open.

Known Bugs/Issues

• Menus can be easily broken. Current ones are temporary to help aid in testing networking functionality.
  • Searching for sessions multiple times will result in crash. The search button will need to be disabled while a search in progress.
  • Game cannot be packaged in Shipping for Windows 64-bit. Currently investigating possible solutions.
  • Client cannot quit game. Only the server can.
  • Options button on the main menu does nothing when clicked.

Looks great, keep up the good work!

Willys Jeep HP

I used to have a 1916 colt (officer) m1911 that my uncle gave me (stolen out of my car sadly when i was in my 20s), but considering that this is ww2 and not ww1 it wouldnt have been a colt(or shouldnt, if we are going with the more produced 1911) remington stamps on the left of the receiver, and then the government on the right. Either way i think you guys are doing a fantastic job, was just food for thought. (and actually now looking closer at your image i appologize, it does look like you have it as a remington)

19112.jpg

19113.jpg

Also, looking at your tiger, your cuppola. It would have been a later model (the Ausf E) germany realised from combat in africa and the eastern front the cuppola sat to high (otto carius talks about it alot in his book Tigers in the mud) and they lowered it. Those would have been the ones in normandy (and if im not mistaken, the unit would have been the 503rd heavy tank battalion, otto carius also commanded jagdtigers in normandy with the 512th).

Change Log v0.1.0

• Players can now see the Steam Overlay on the games startup, or whenever desired by pressing Shift-Tab.
  • Developers now have access to the Normandy map as well as related textures, materials, etc.
  • BUG FIX (BID-000000003): Games can now be packaged in Shipping for Windows 64-bit mode.
  • Developers will now experience faster compile and load times after a cleanup of the module interface.
  • Players will now experience faster load times and a smaller (though only minute) game size after cleanup of module interface.
  • Players can now host games through Steam.
  • Players can now search for games created through Steam.
  • Players can now join games created through Steam.

Known Bugs/Issues

• Menus can be easily broken. Current ones are temporary to help aid in testing networking functionality.
  • Searching for sessions multiple times will result in crash. The search button will need to be disabled while a search in progress.
  • Client cannot quit game. Only the server can.
  • Options button on the main menu does nothing when clicked.

Thanks for the insight! I’ll talk to the team about what’s off. Is this the book you’re talking about?