Download

Old-School Batman Remake: Camera Tracking Troubles!

Hey guys! So I’ve been having this issue for a while and I made an original post about this on the forums back in November and wasn’t able to get any help (link here)

it’s a 3D remake of the super nintendo (SNES) Batman Forever. I know many agree this game is pretty bad, but it was the first game I ever owned. And I think I can do it a little better, or try to.
The whole issue I’m having is that my character (Batman) has a side-scroller view camera that follows him based off of a set of volumes and triggers (screenshots to follow) that will be my camera zones, because I dont want the camera to follow him exactly, I want it to stay within specific boundries. for instance a long hallway where my character can jump, i dont want it to follow on the Z axis UNLESS I have more stuff up there I want to show, and all of this works as intended actually, thanks to following this youtube video which does a good job explaining the subject,

BUT as soon as I take the camera from looking dead on from the side to looking about 5 to 10 degrees downward, since I’m using some really large (or small?) focal point (because I’m trying to achieve an orthographic yet still 3D shaded from a different angle look, like mortal kombat) the camera is looking too far down, I can remedy this by moving the camera up physically, but then when I jump, the camera goes nuts, when I just want it to slightly move up on the vertical axis IF it doesnt cause the camera to leave the camera zone.

I’ve tried everything I can think of, but I feel like the answer lies within this blueprint right here.
.Blueprint
.Blueprint
.Blueprint
.Blueprint
.Blueprint
.Blueprint
.Blueprint

I’ve attached a pic of him jumping without any problems (this is because I completely removed all Z transforms for the time being so the camera doesnt even move up slightly like I want)
If I could just have it work like the pic but also work with more vertical levels.

If anybody has any suggestions I’d really appreciate it!

thanks!