Obscure build error for my C++ project

2>[1/8] Compile AObject.cpp
2>D:\unrealengine\UE_5.0\Engine\Source\Runtime\Navmesh\Public\DetourCrowd\DetourObstacleAvoidance.h(26): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'Detour/DetourLargeWorldCoordinates.h': No such file or directory
2>[2/8] Compile FunctionLib.cpp
2>D:\unrealengine\UE_5.0\Engine\Source\Runtime\Navmesh\Public\DetourCrowd\DetourObstacleAvoidance.h(26): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'Detour/DetourLargeWorldCoordinates.h': No such file or directory
2>[3/8] Compile FunctionLib.gen.cpp
2>[4/8] Compile Orbit.gen.cpp
2>[5/8] Compile AObject.gen.cpp

Maybe someone has seen something like that before. Currently, I can’t build and thus can’t start the editor. I tried clean building with Rider, with MS Visual Studio and using the option when starting the UE editor. In Rider and Visual Studio the same exact error appears and I don’t know if it has to do with my code at all.

EDIT: The file that supposedly doesn’t exist, is fine. It contains just a switch between float and double depending on whether or not DT_LARGE_WORLD_COORDINATES_DISABLED is set.

Stupid me, problem solved. One of Rider’s (usually awesome) auto-completions resulted in the explicit inclusion of that file, probably at the wrong location, doesn’t matter. I removed the redunand include and now it’s fine.

Every C++ build error is obscure.

(Sorry, couldn’t help myself :D)

1 Like