Processor:

Intel(R) Core™4th Generation i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Clock Speed 3.4Ghz
L2 Cache Size 1024

Memory: 16 GB

Windows 8.1 64 bit updated weekly with updates

16GB RAM (upgradable to 32 GB)

2TB Hard Drive

GeForce GTX 650 Ti Graphics Card (1GB Memory)

Now I run all games at Ultra @ 1920 x 1080 resolution no problem and UE4 loads really fast and renders quick etc. However, with the new TITAN X video card, should I upgrade to it? I have the money saved to spoil myself and was wondering on peoples opinion whether it would be a good move. Do you already have it? I see it is sold out and won’t be in stock until May 14th (when I want to order mine).

Would it be a good investment on my current rig? Should I also upgrade my RAM as well? Buy/build a new pc?

What is a good (or close to the best) monitors for gaming as well as UE4 purposes?
I am looking at this monitor: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2468379,00.asp Acer B286HK

I would have to upgrade my power supply as it is a 460watt and TitanX requires a minimum of 600watts.

Might get this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=SuperNOVA+750+G1&N=-1&isNodeId=1

Or this one:

Unless anyone recommends any other power supplies

Wait till the end of may. There´s a good chance that Nvidia release the next GPU :slight_smile:

And AMD will release its next GPU in the next two month too.

980 Ti and R9 390X both come out in the next couple months.

The only thing worth upgrading on your PC is the GPU and a SSD if you don’t already have one

wont the titan X still be better than the 980 ti? Although the 980 ti will be slightly less expensive.

According to this article it will be about $800 to $1,000. The TitanX will be 1089 dollars so that is hardly a price difference. Other pages have the 980 ti at a NICe price of 500-600$ which is a good price. I guess I will have to wait until both of them are released and benchmarked against each other.

And according to a post on here http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2588785/titan-980-12gb-6gb.html

It’s an odd one. The first Titan was quickly undercut by the 780ti, but still had the advantage of DP-precision. The TitanX doesn’t. It is a gaming GPU, pure and simple. So it seems unlikely that Nvidia would put in a competitor card at this performance point.

EDIT: However, the Titan X is capable of far more than you are asking of it. Just get a cheaper card, like the 970, and keep the rest of your cash. :slight_smile:

Here is a side by side comparison of how much improvement I would get upgrading from 650 ti to the Titan X…

5dca64dbc2f3d943815308dafb94aa3378fc5bf5.jpeg

it’s going to be a massive improvement that’s for sure! The rest of you pc is very good!

Change of heart by me. Don’t get a Titan. It too OP, and unnecessary. if you are also buying a 4k monitor to go with it, then get a Titan X, otherwise, save your money. Get a 970/290/290X.

Yes I am definitely getting a 4k monitor probably before the new video card until I make my final decision on which video card.

All that money burning a hole in your pocket, eh? I feel your pain. :slight_smile:

lol Not really. This is just extra “spoil myself” money I have laying around. =D Although I have no problem with spending it, it doesn’t mean I want to waste it stupidly. lol So I just want to make sure I am getting my moneys worth.

This upgrade is not just for gaming though as it is most importantly for video editing/map making/unreal engine 4 developing/and other multimedia projects, so that I can produce things more efficiently and be good for at least the next 2 years.

I wish the 980ti would just drop so I can know its exact specs already. There have been “leaks” but I much prefer officially announced specs.