Download

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

The waveworks sample project should be accessible through navigating to your engine directory (the waveworks one you compiled). Check the folders there and open it through the uproject.

Hi Brian,
thanks for repply, I made some progress here

but I can’t capture the shoreline correctly and don’t know why
the render target camera is already positioned on top of the area I need to be captured, it also show the visible elements on render target texture, but it doesn’t render the texture correctly when I hit to capture, aways show blank or very weird shapes… the fun fact is, I migrate the necessary stuff from gdc map to my project, and still having this problems. To make sure is something I did wrong or missed, I opened the island map from gdc project again, and start modifying this map a little on landscape editor, just for take a look if this going to capture the new shoreline terrain edited on landscape, and… yeah, it captured but, not getting the new details I sculped on landscape, also the new captured texture is way too different from the one that comes with the project, and the shoreline waves behavior on the new captured texture didn’t works well with the new details on the landscape.

right now I’m using the texture from gdc and positioned this to my XY location of my map to have the waves on my beach, it’s not perfect like I can capture my own shoreline texture, but its a start anyway… going to use this until someone can give me a better info on whats going on.

still testing, and as you can see the foam is not smooth to the beach sand because this is not my shoreline texture, I hope I can make this working as intended for my project.

any update flex 4.21???

Thanks -

Can report back even a novice with some patience can be successful with 0lentos 4.19 build. My very first exploration into Unreal engine was through compiling his 4.19+++ (indicated as the most stable) fork after seeing Youtube videos of FLEX. I found nothing missing Unreal engine or Gameworks wise from versions 20 and 21 release notes I absolutely had to have. Almost compiled it twice because it was missing pages of errors and a build failure when I came back. Flawless victory and it loaded. wow. Accidentally started it on the box before new graphics card was in and was shocked to realize it will actually run the FLEX demo (poorly) on the integrated chipset.

Still working to fully understand collision but managed to make a few demos of my own very quickly. Never realized the lighting features are so nice. Gameworks is much different than what I expected. I would not have poorly fought through compiling the 2 parts that were wanted much less the rest just to find out if they would behave/interact and chug/perform together. Thanks so much for 0lentos part in helping to bridge a very big gap past the demos without all the frustration. Now if things are not perfect at least we know the putting the time in is worth it. Who knows I might actually help build something someday and contribute! Heres to hoping your future projects go well and you get some help on 21 for those that need it!

TL;DR If your just looking and confused I approve of 0lentos 4.19 Its stable enough, easy to build, and lots of fun to play with!

Here to say thank you to @0lento for his work incorporating GameWorks into the UE4 source. I’m successfully running 4.20 + GameWorks and actually was able to successfully merge another branch in for the work I’m doing.

Keep it up man, can’t wait to check out 4.21 once you get Flex working.

any chance of getting vxgi 1 with gameworks on 4.20? vxgi 2 kinda lacks some functionality compared to previous version so getting it would be cool

I am prbly going to manually add VXGI 1 into 4.20 soon so I will link it. I don’t use git though so I will have to see about that so the DL isnt 10 gigs…

If you are trying yourself you have to change a few things in vxgirendering.cpp where it buffers prevviewmatrices to just viewmatrices and declare a few extra things

Updated 4.21-GameWorks and 4.21-Physics to 4.21.2 and fixed some compilation warnings from Waveworks (doesn’t change any functionality, only suppresses the warnings):

https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine/tree/4.21-GameWorks
https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine/tree/4.21-Physics

And before you ask again, no news on FleX, by the looks of it we’ll not be having 4.21 version unless someone picks it up and fixes the remaining issues.

Volumetric light?

Same deal, although VL at least does compile but it has a rendering issue. I doubt the fix for this would be big even if one examined the 4.21 renderer changes, would probably be really simple fix for the nvidia itself as they know what they are doing there.

Great…
[FONT=dfkai-sb]https://crbtech.in/online-dot-net-training-course

first of all thank you so much @0lento for great job,
plz complete the flex, i realy need it

Hi 0lento thank you for all
Can you help me,i want to put a plugin in your branch 4.21 Gameworks,i put to directory plugin,i regenerate project but i have warnings this direcory public and privat does not exist.And when finish build,editor not open,because of this plugin warnings does not exist.Plugin is same version for 4.21

we will see raytracing and gameworks branch on the future ???

ye. shore capture in sample project is broken.
upd: get shoreline mat onto your landscape then capture. then reapply your mat
anyone saw any documentation on waveworks usage?

hey, i want an High Poly GrowthMesh for Hairworks, is that Possible?, Cuz the Export Plugins, give me everytime error about Duplicated Splines, Cuz it seems that Its Limited for LowPoly GrowthMeshes, but on some cases its not enough, can anyone help me with that?

Thanks

Hey,
i’d like to request a 4.21 VXGI 1 version. Alot of people still use a 4.17 branch for using VXGI 1.
Here are some screenshots for comparison made by Fuze.

VXGI1: Imgur: The magic of the Internet
VXGI2: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

VXGI 1 is better than 2. İnteresting. 4,21 branch is in some problem. Another branch try please

hey swadan, thanks for this! never could figure out we had to put their shoreline mat, capture it and back our original material
actually I did what you said and works, I could finally capture my own shoreline, but there is always a but…

looks like waveworks cannot understand the shoreline capture from static meshes, my beach is a SM and not a landscape

And shoreline shape looks like it MUST be a island (I mean, all sides must be connected to a island format, the shape of island could be anything we want, but this have to be like this), I captured my beach static mesh, this is a huge rectangle and the shoreline couldn’t understand correctly, this needed to capture only the part on texture border of the beach and not the full rectangle, that’s kind bizarre having full retangular foam, lol.

I did another test, I have a small island static mesh and the shoreline captures it, but… yeah, the foam comes from inside the island to outside, must be the opposite. And waveworks cannot understand the foam around island corners is different from the foam from the beach, it just use the same foam for making this shoreline.

I wish nvidia did something with more control, like we can paint the shoreline on our static meshes and landscapes, by using a spline or something like this
and be able to use ocean foam as a material, so we can just drag and drop this foam like a deferred decal or blueprint in order to do a scene composition

currently it is very limited (and I have absolutely no idea how to make usage of their foam for do that, since i’m not dev)