Download

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

ZAxis:

Hi.

1)Not sure if it is in galaxymans branch, but in official flex branch in UnrealEngine/FlexProject/Documentation/ is a documentation.

Newbie question, why do bouyant objects not change rotation on the WaveWorks ocean? All objects can move around, but they don’t seem to rotate at all on the water. http://imgur.com/4nqlQwj In this demo the ship rotates, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=iilqtDkeIBE

EDIT: Another question, how can I set Waveworks to only interact with certain static meshes instead of everything? When I set any static meshes to Static, the game runs slower and slower until eventually it crashes, and when I set the static meshes to Movable, then they float along with the waves no matter what I try.

Is there any way to get rid of the visual representation of an emissive object in VXGI without loosing them as lights?

I am using some emissive planes to light my scene, but I don’t want to see them.
Something like “primary visibility off” in Maya. So they still emit light, but cannot be seen in the users camera?

Hello everyone! I’d like to mention that we just updated HairWorks on GitHub. This is still for UE4 4.7.5 and is compatible with an updated set of HairWorks 1.1.1 tools on Devzone. This release has plenty of bug fixes, functional improvements, and has an improved workflow. We do not have a 4.10 version ready just yet. I’ll post it here as soon as it is.

Hello everyone. I’d like to mention that we updated HairWorks on GitHubfor UE4 4.7.5. The associated tools for HairWorks 1.1.1 can be found here. This new update fixes a handful of bugs, introduces new functionality, and improves workflow. We do not have a date for HairWorks in UE4 4.10, but we are working on it. Enjoy!

I guess by the time you have it Epic will release 4.11 so maybe you want to be a head of the game and work on 4.11 instead :wink:
(Just a thought)

Anyone have problem with mesh that have opacity shader in it?. When a select the mesh, they act like they are supposed to, but when they are unselected, the light doesn’t got through? Do i need to download VXGI translucidity and if yes…how i’m i supposed to install it :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi guys, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I am wondering if anyone has encountered a problem with HairWorks and Maya.

Basically the issue is the Hairworks node in Maya doesn’t let me change the “Resample Guides” number and is constantly stuck on 4. I can type any number, but when I select anything else in the scene it resets back to the default.

I am using Maya 2016, Hairworks 1.1.1 and the 4.7.5 branch of Unreal.

HairworksBugMaya.png

It exports guides with 4 segments no matter what I do.
HairworksBugViewerGuides.png

This results results in bald spots when imported in the engine.
a864ae6d9cddfd830bb089a860b8de1636e07a66.jpeg

Anyone got any tips?

Figured it out, looks like it’s bug in the newest build of HairWorks for maya “Maya_2016_64bit_1.1.11028.12482”
I tried it in maya 2015 aswell with the newest build. Same issue.

So I downloaded an older build “Maya_2016_64bit_1.1.10506.22462” and the bug was gone.

I would report it to nVidia but don’t know how!

Cheers.

I was reported to NVIDIA(VisualFX-Licensing@nvidia.com).
Nvidia is said to fix the bug.

I don’t think its a bug… that is the max resamples supported at the moment. the Hair component settings in UE4 too allows a maximum of 4 at this time.

As for the Bald spot, play with your root stiffness and also helps to have proper density maps applied to the scalp

@GalaxyMan2015
I don’t want to seem impatient, but I was wondering if you could tell us how far along with 4.10 you are?

The bug I experienced didn’t allow me to lower the number either, it was stuck on default. I had no issue bumping them up to 16 once I had downgraded the plugin to an older version.
The setting you are thinking of in Unreal is the Spline Multiplier, which indeed is maxed out at 4.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=xwnAk4ksV74
This is what I got in the end.

I was reported to NVIDIA(VisualFX-Licensing@nvidia.com).

from NVIDIA
Absolutely, this is a bug.
It happens when user visit a HairWorks via Outliner.
Now it is fixed.
Please use the attached build.
https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworksdownload#?dn=nvidia-hairworks-1-1-1
NVIDIA_HairWorks_For_Autodesk_Maya_2016_64bit_1.1.11209.11002.msi

Ah right, i was referring to the spline multiplier. Also I think I have been using the older plugin from the start, so i didnt experience that issue.

BTW, Nvidia just posted some new handy videos for HairWorks. Check them out

Does anyone know if its possible to pause the hair simulation in unreal? I noticed the hair simulates even when play mode is off.

I’m using the Unreal 4.7.5 branch.

Heya! I’ve been making some serious strides on my character using Hairworks, However, I have run into an issue that makes it completely impossible to use hairworks in my project for now.

To very simply explain it, in the material editor in UE4, there is a material function (standard included) called SplineThicken. this extrudes, and screen faces a very thin polystrip for use of hair, thin wire, lasers and other thin geometry.

Assuming that this is a similar, if not identical technique used to render the hairstrands in a hairworks file, it clashes, or something. causes a crash anyway if it’s on the same screen. Considering the character is part of a scene where there are alot of these more static splines rendered out, it becomes impossible to use hairworks, which was the original point.

It occurs both in Nvidia’s 4.7.5 branch and Galaxyman’s 4.9.2 branch (the latter beeing used due to the multi-light support)

Crash report:

Unknown exception - code 00000001 (first/second chance not available)

"Assertion failed: !bSrcStencilWrite || bDstStencilWrite [File:D:\Applications\Epic\Epic Games\Nvidia 4.9.2\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Commands

UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [d:\applications\epic\epic games
vidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:354]
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!FD3D11DynamicRHI::ValidateExclusiveDepthStencilAccess() [d:\applications\epic\epic games
vidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11commands.cpp:678]
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!FD3D11DynamicRHI::RHISetDepthStencilState() [d:\applications\epic\epic games
vidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11commands.cpp:688]
UE4Editor_Renderer!FTranslucencyDrawingPolicyFactory::DrawMesh() [d:\applications\epic\epic games
vidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private	ranslucentrendering.cpp:474]
UE4Editor_Renderer!FTranslucentPrimSet::RenderPrimitive() [d:\applications\epic\epic games
vidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private	ranslucentrendering.cpp:727]
UE4Editor_Renderer!FTranslucentPrimSet::DrawPrimitives() [d:\applications\epic\epic games
vidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private	ranslucentrendering.cpp:705]
UE4Editor_Renderer!FDeferredShadingSceneRenderer::DrawAllTranslucencyPasses() [d:\applications\epic\epic games
vidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private	ranslucentrendering.cpp:1107]
UE4Editor_Renderer!FDeferredShadingSceneRenderer::RenderTranslucency() [d:\applications\epic\epic games
vidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private	ranslucentrendering.cpp:1216]
UE4Editor_Renderer!FDeferredShadingSceneRenderer::Render() [d:\applications\epic\epic games
vidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\deferredshadingrenderer.cpp:1402]
UE4Editor_Renderer!RenderViewFamily_RenderThread() [d:\applications\epic\epic games
vidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\scenerendering.cpp:1585]
UE4Editor_Renderer!TGraphTask<`FRendererModule::BeginRenderingViewFamily'::`23'::EURCMacro_FDrawSceneCommand>::ExecuteTask() [d:\applications\epic\epic games
vidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async	askgraphinterfaces.h:779]
UE4Editor_Core!FTaskThread::ProcessTasks() [d:\applications\epic\epic games
vidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async	askgraph.cpp:539]
UE4Editor_Core!FTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [d:\applications\epic\epic games
vidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async	askgraph.cpp:340]
UE4Editor_RenderCore!RenderingThreadMain() [d:\applications\epic\epic games
vidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:310]
UE4Editor_RenderCore!FRenderingThread::Run() [d:\applications\epic\epic games
vidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:411]
UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [d:\applications\epic\epic games
vidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:74]

Is the melting feature allready doable in the unreal branch (galaxymans or official nvidia),i mean turning a mesh into a bunch of the flex fluid particles which hold form for a short period and then melt?

Hi. We can’t reproduce it in 4.7.5 branch. Are you using the old integration? We have released a new one.

Hi All,

I have been taking some time away from UE4 development, and will be not available for development the remainder of this month, and possibly January. I will still try my best to get around to answering questions when I can.

I ran into some issues with getting my branch up to 4.10. Primarily Turbulence and FLEX did not want to instantiate. Havent had a chance to return to it yet to see what I could do to fix it.

Yeah thats definately a bug, looks to be that the Spline Thicken function requires some specific depth/stencil access that maybe is conflicting with what the hair rendering requires. I’ll take a look if I get a chance.

EDIT: Didnt see Xu Nie’s response above. Please follow their instructions to help get the issue resolved, and then I will port over their fix to my branch.

The closest you would get to this, is the same way its done in the FLEX demos, construct your mesh out of FLEX particles, including rendering them as particles, then controlling the variables on the container at a specific time to cause them to collapse (melt).