Download

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

by the way. Is VXGI multibounce affects subsurface material?

were can i download the plugin?? githum gives me an error 404

nevermind got it downloaded but im a newb with this sort of thing? is there a tutorial somewhere on installing it?

Do you mean, how to build a branch on the NvPhysX/UnrealEngine.git fork? There are some instructions in the README for each branch. For example:

https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/HairWorks

Welcome to the HairWorks branch of the NvPhysX fork of Unreal Engine source code!

HairWorks implements physical hair simulation using DirectX Compute.

To build the HairWorks branch, using a git shell:

git clone https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine.git

{wait until it’s done}

cd UnrealEngine

git branch -t HairWorks origin/HairWorks

git checkout HairWorks

.\Setup.bat

.\GenerateProjectFiles.bat

.\UE4.sln

{Build UnrealEngine solution}

{Run the editor.}

Editor Usage:

A new component called Hair Component is added to hook up hair assets into Blueprints. To use a hair asset to a Blueprint, please follow these steps:

• Import hair assets into Content Browser.

o Right click in the Content Browser, use Import to option to select one or more hair asset files, which are usually .apx or .apb exported from 3ds Max or Maya using HairWorks plugin.

• Open or create a Blueprint. In the Blueprint editor, create a Hair Component. Usually the hair component is attached under a skeletal mesh component.

• Assign an imported hair asset to the Asset/Hair property.

I’m not sure, I’ll pass it along.

are there plans for a different method for grooming and creating curves other than shave and a haircut in maya for hairworks? that program is pretty outdated and clunky.
if hair works just wants curves, a way to arrange those curves on the mesh with any plugin or program and for hairworks to accept it would be the best.
for example being able to use zbrushes hair system to groom then create curves from it in maya, then importing that into hair works.

Interesting. The Titan X should only be roughly double the speed, where you’re getting nearly triple. When you get the chance, could you post how the 970 does in comparison? I wonder if the extra speed really is because of the Maxwell chip or if it’s just a fluke because it’s such a powerful card.

Will do, over the weekend most likely, so if anyone else has a 970, feel free to post results.

Hi,
I’m new to Unreal and especially using development build, I’m experimenting with hairworks and it’s great so far but I wonder how hard it would be to get transparent tip as there’s already rootAlpha fallof?

I also wonder if the one directional light limitation is just for performance or if there’s an issue and we’ll just have to live with it for a while?

thanks

Transparent tips would have to be something that NVIDIA does at their end, don’t think the HairWorks API supports transparent tips either.

The one directional light is just a limitation at this time, I suspect that they will get more lights implemented at some point, probably grabbing 4 or more of the closest lights and averaging out the results or something along those lines (Thats just a guess on my behalf, I do not speak for NVIDIA, so they may have completely different ideas).

is any planned to implementation the ‘nVIDIA advanced soft shadows’ in UE for point light soft shadow problems ?

For what it’s worth, here are my results with the SciFiHallway on my 970M:

32-34 FPS VXGI diff + spec
40-50 FPS VXGI diff
locked 62 FPS (maybe vsync on?) with only direct light

Mike.Skolones , are these github links supposed to work??

https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/HairWorks

https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine.git

Those links work just fine. Follow these instructions:

@Mike.Skolones
Does “Trello UE4 Roadmap -> Rendering -> Hair/fur shading” mean NVIDIA HairWorks?

Hi

Is there a way to get the Flex water to look the same/similar as in the stand alone demo rather than as beads?

Any idea of a rough estimate of maybe when we’ll also have a GameWorks VR branch?
I would really like to see it in action.

Example map “flexFluidSurfaceTestMap”.

I hope they eventually do- extremely cool stuff! Keep up the great work :slight_smile:

GalaxyMan, just wanted to point out the minor issue that the VXGI documentation in your Doco folder (at least the PDF) isn’t the latest one which was updated with multi-bounce info.