No Accessible Properties For Declared Skeletal Mesh Component

Hi All. New to the forum so apologies if I’m breaking any etiquette.

I’m developing a player character as part of my university project with basic movement physics. It’s a child of the Pawn class, as I wanted to build it up myself instead of using a lot of the pre-existing Character class functions.

I’m having a problem with declaring a skeletal mesh component. From my understanding, I need to declare the component in the .h file and also in the .cpp file in order to make it appear in the editor, however when I do this I can’t access the attributes in the details panel. I’m assuming this is because it’s inherited but as far as I know this is the only way to go about it. I’m quite new to CPP, but I thought that I was beginning to understand the UE4 structure more.

Am I missing something or am I going in the completely wrong direction?

PlayerPawn.h

#pragma once

#include "GameFramework/Pawn.h"
#include "PlayerPawn.generated.h"

UCLASS(config=Game)
class APlayerPawn : public APawn
{
	GENERATED_BODY()

/** Get skeletal mesh component */
	UPROPERTY(VisibleAnywhere, BlueprintReadWrite, Category = Mesh, meta = (AllowPrivateAccess = "true"))
		class USkeletalMeshComponent* PMesh;

/** Get arrow component **/
	UPROPERTY(VisibleAnywhere, BlueprintReadWrite, Category = Arrow, meta = (AllowPrivateAccess = "true"))
		class UArrowComponent* PArrow;

PlayerPawn.cpp

#include "AnimE_01.h"
#include "PlayerPawn.h"

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// APlayerPawn

APlayerPawn::APlayerPawn()
{

// Reference and create capsule collider set to model size
	UCapsuleComponent* CapsuleComponent = CreateDefaultSubobject<UCapsuleComponent>(TEXT("Capsule Component"));
	 = CapsuleComponent;
	CapsuleComponent->InitCapsuleSize(42.f, 96.0f);
	CapsuleComponent->SetCollisionProfileName(TEXT("Pawn"));

USkeletalMeshComponent* PMesh = CreateDefaultSubobject<USkeletalMeshComponent>(TEXT("Skeletal Mesh"));
	 = CapsuleComponent;

UArrowComponent* PArrow = CreateDefaultSubobject<UArrowComponent>(TEXT("Player Arrow"));
	 = CapsuleComponent;

Try something like:

APlayerPawn::APlayerPawn()
{

// Reference and create capsule collider set to model size
	UCapsuleComponent* CapsuleComponent = CreateDefaultSubobject<UCapsuleComponent>(TEXT("Capsule Component"));
	 = CapsuleComponent;
	CapsuleComponent->InitCapsuleSize(42.f, 96.0f);
	CapsuleComponent->SetCollisionProfileName(TEXT("Pawn"));

USkeletalMeshComponent* PMesh = CreateDefaultSubobject<USkeletalMeshComponent>(TEXT("Skeletal Mesh"));
	PMesh->SetupAttachment();

UArrowComponent* PArrow = CreateDefaultSubobject<UArrowComponent>(TEXT("Player Arrow"));
	PArrow->SetupAttachment();

}