New to UE need to know if my iMac will run UE

iMac specs: OS = 10.13.6
27" Retina 5K
3.8 GHz intel core i5
RAM = 32 gb 2400 mgz ddr4
Graphics = Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB

If you haven’t already tried it, yes it will, no problem.

Hey guys,
I have the same iMac with a 4.7Ghz, 64 GB RAM, SSD 1 TB, and the same exact graphics card. I downloaded and tried to open Unreal Engine last night, and it wouldn’t even open - it stayed on the “initializing” window (at 10% for probably 3 minutes, and the fan (on my GPU I suspect) went nuts. I ended up forcing quit. Any thoughts? Have you had any similar issues?

Based on Unreal’s recommended specs, we should have no problems running the software, os I’m thinking my GPU is defective. Come to think of it, it doesn’t like editing 4k video either. Any thoughts would be appreciated before I call Apple Support to see if I bought the 3-year protection plan.

The first time you open the engine, shaders need to compile, so I would give it 30 minutes or so and see if it makes any progress past 10%.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/community/general-discussion/1544376-new-to-ue-need-to-know-if-my-imac-will-run-ue?p=1592710#post1592710Bri

Brilliant. Many thanks! I feel pretty stupid for not noticing the “Compiling Shaders” box in the lower righthand corner of the screen. Works beautifully! Thanks again for the reply. All the best.