New PC build. I need some advices.

Hi all,

I need to update my PC, so I am going to buy some new hardaware pieces. The objective is use it to work with Unreal Engine 4, Substance Designer/Painter, After Effects, Photoshop, 3ds Max, Zbrush and play videogames.

The final list would be like this:

Chassis: SilverStone Fortress FT02.
CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3Ghz.
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Red DDR4 2133 PC4-17000 32GB 4x8GB CL15.
Motherboard: Asus X99-A/USB3.1.
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo SSD Series 500GB SATA3.
HDD: Seagate ST4000DM000 4TB (SATA)
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 WindForce 3X OC 4GB DDR5.
PSU: any recommendation?

What do you think about it? I already have some of them as GPU, HDD and Chassis from my old build. In a future I want update my GPU to a 1080 GTX, but I think I can keep with my 970 for a while. The point is that I would not like to have any conflict with the hardware pieces, so any assessment of my list is welcome.

Cheers!

Plenty of power there. For the PSU, you can try using this PS Calculator. Power Supply Calculator - PSU Calculator | OuterVision

However, when I plugged in your specs, It rated a lot less than I would use. I probably wouldn’t go less than a 650. Although, I put a 750 in mine just because I got a deal that made it even cheaper than a 650.

That’s fine, I would wait for the new Nvidia cards though if you can, at the very least you would be able to get the older cards for cheaper or you can go for the new ones.

Thank you so much both of you for answering.

I think I will buy the OCZ Fatal1ty 750W. I hope it is all right with this one.

I would like to get the GTX 1080, darthviper107, but I will wait three or four months before buying it because, at the moment, I think my 970 is usefull.

Again, thank you so much for answering.

Cheers!

If you haven’t bought your card yet, then the 1080 is coming out in just a couple weeks, the 1070 is great also, but that one is a bit less than a month away.