I can’t seem to wrap my head around how the Networking on the server works.
I made a very simple blueprint of a replicated Event, which outputs whether a PlayerController has Authority or not.
A) I call the replicated event from the Client
- Isn’t the server supposed to output True?
- Or is the Player Controller also replicated?
- Or is there a client IN the server which responds with False??
B) I call the replicated event on the Server
- How come the client output 2 strings, does that mean that the Print String along with the string is replicated?
- Why are there 2 outputs to begin with, is there both a ROLE_REMOTE and ROLE_AUTHORITY on the server??
Does anyone have any input on that? Thank you.
Ok, I think I got it, it seems that the Print String is replicated and not the actual “Event call” (unless it is the server calling), very confusing indeed.
After setting the event to “Run on server” I can’t get the client to trigger that event on the server, any idea?