I’m experiencing a significant lag in network performance in a simple crossplay between PS4 and PC.
I’m using UE 4.9.0 built from source with PS4 support.
I’ve created a standard third-person example project and built the following targets without modifying the code or settings:
- Dedicated server for Linux running on Google Cloud
- Clients for PC/Windows and PS4
I’ve looked at a simple scenario of two players connected to the server from PC and PS4 clients and observed that the PC player is running smoothly (no visible lags) but the PS4 one is jerky and often gets teleported while running. It’s clearly very slow.
Also on the server I can see lots of warnings:
LogNetTraffic:Warning: High single frame packet loss: <number>
So my questions are:
- How to measure network performance runtime ?
- What’s best practice to profile and locate network bottlenecks between clients and dedicated servers ?
- What tuning parameters are available to improve the performance ?