Need Help with Overlapping Collision

I’m using a SphereCollision object attached to the camera to check the collision against the players capsule. Unfortunately, the collision seems to be intermittent at best. When the player is right against the wall there is no collision, as I move the player away from the wall there is a collision. The screenshot says there is no collision, but it looks like a collision to me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated… I have working on this for two days… ahhhhhhhh

Thanks
Sean

Oh, the blue and red’ish wire frames are the two objects being compared. The pink is just a debug sphere of the center location of the blue SphereCollider.

Thanks
Sean

Any suggestions? I’ve pretty much run out of things to try at this point.

Hi, i seen the collision sphere is inside a wall, have you move out of that wall and scale to obtain the same distance and the same coverage of collision?
may be the collision with the wall make interference or have another object behind the wall…

I reworked the collision blueprint to use the Tick event (that allow the collision to work continuously). It still doesn’t work properly when the camera is touching the edge of the level. Maybe there’s something to the collision hitting multiple objects (I’m NOT sure why that would cause issues).

After 3 days, I’m concluding that overlap collision to primitives just doesn’t work correctly. Maybe, there is some setting, but I can’t figure it out. When you use the mesh against the capsule collider everything works… When using sphere collider to capsult collider or sphere to capsule collider it doesn’t work correctly. For example, this doesn’t work.

Clearly, the sphere is within the capsule collider. Lets call it a bug that occurs when multiple objects are colliding (wall, sphere, mesh, and capsule collider)… :wink:

Thanks
Sean