Need help with 2d blueprints

So I want to make a prophunt type 2d game, I want to be able to click on a sprite that is a prop and change my character to that prop, does anyone have an idea on how I could do this, I was thinking like a global variable Boolean but I am new to blueprints and do not know nearly anything. I just need some help with this, thank you.

This is my blueprint for the green keycard on the ground, I want my robot to go invisible and turn into the keycard when it is clicked on but it is not working. What am I doing wrong here? I am using the set paper sprite and trying to target it to my 2d character but it is not working.

Is the touched actor in the on click event keycard or the character? Pull off the touched actor pin and connect it to a print string node to check.

Sorry it took me so long to respond, it is in the green key card blueprint, but when I click on it, it doesn’t print anything.

make sure the print string is connected (white line connectors) after the OnClicked_Event_0. also you can place a print string after each node stating what just happened. Like if you place one after the Set green keycard to true node put a print string connected saying if the green keycard is actually set to true. With that you should be able to track down where the code isn’t working.

Oh I see, sorry I am very new to this, I connected the on clicked event, nothing is showing up in the output log or on screen when I click on it, Is there anything else I can try?

I’m not sure, but try watching this video I think it might help it’s on event dispatchers. Bookmark this guys channel it helped me a lot when starting unreal.

Awesome thank you so much :slight_smile: