Moving issues

I have nothing bad to say about Unreal Engine 4. I have been using it for over a year and I love every minute I get with the application. I do notice that sometimes it is difficult to move things around. There is a snap feature which moves your mesh cube to the floor but this works some times. One big thing I see with using Unreal Engine 4 is the 3d move icon is tricky. You can move in any direction just fine but when you have a box that you stretch way out in one direction for example you have to cross your fingers that the little 3d move gizmo is real close to where you are trying to move things so you can get real exact. You can turn on the snaps but sometimes you have to turn snaps off to get just the correct look. So, you are trying to move a long object like a wall for instance in the correct place but your gizmo is way in the distance. You can’t adjust that it is just something you have to live with. It would be awesome if there was a button or keyboard shortcut that would make the gizmo come to you when ever you needed it so you could fine tune everything you needed to every easily.
You have that long wall and you are trying to move it so it connects to the other wall. It is almost every time something that takes at least thirty seconds to make it match up the way it needs to. Is there something I should be doing to make this easier?

You can create a blueprint and add your object to it then reposition it in the blueprint. By itself the static mesh/skeletal mesh won’t have position transformation active, so just create a ‘Scene’ component in the blueprint then parent the mesh component to this. The origin of the blueprint will take precedence over the mesh pivot. This is also good for merging building components into a single part and then dropping the building into the scene with a specific pivot that suits your needs. For the case of a long object, you can stretch it out in the blueprint and then position it to where you want the 3d move gizmo. Not sure if this is what you’re asking. The Snap to floor feature of your wall may have intersecting colliders or no collider, not sure.