Move from a to b and back again?

SOLVED PLEASE REMOVE!

Hi guys me and my friend have decided on a much much less ambitious project and i for one am left feeling quite dumb .Ok so i have an eye at the top of my screen that i want to move left and right … However this seemingly simple task has me pulling my hair out . can i do this if the eye is simply a static mesh? does it need its own blueprint?

i am struggling with the basics here guys i followed the third person tutorial. And got it all working however i do not seem to have learned anything despite doing the tutorial twice
the confusion comes when i come to add any sort of function to anything other than my player… i simply want to have the eye move from left to right and back again in an endless loop
but this seems beyond me …

the main method i have attempted involves putting 2 trigger volumes at either end or the path i want the eye to follow . And having 2 variable called (at_point_a) and (at_point_b)
i wanted to have the eye enter the box trigger and set (at_point_a) to true which would reverse the direction of the eye and send it towards the point_b trigger box which would in turn do the same sending the eye back … creating an endless loop

however i cannot find a way to move the eye in the first place i have attempted using move to location or actor but i cannot get the location of the trigger boxes … so i then added 2 empty actors called point a and point b and tried to get there location with the same results …

i just know im doing something stupidly wrong guys … i also tried using matinee to no avail …

does my eye need a movement component ??? i tried this but i could not get it to work …

i know im rambling on guys but im majorly fed up here … and feeling very disheartened … i still cannot grasp the flow of information in unreal every time i think i have it sussed i find im very wrong …

SOLVED PLEASE REMOVE!