Modular SciFi Series - Engineer Hallways Vol. 2 Released!

Thank you for your support Amievil and Draven_lock! =)

fa15dd5b8d14e81b836311ce99015c2da0b80b41.jpeg

Greetings everyone!

I am excited to announce that Modular SciFi: Hallways will be going on sale this Thursday and Friday for 15% off! Be sure to take advantage of this 48 hour deal!

Greetings everyone!

I am working on basic documentation for the series at the moment. Currently it covers some of the color/pbr basics, as well as other things you can do to further customize your assets. If there is a particular topic youā€™d like to see me include, feel free to let me know!

Just bought it. (if you discounted your other pack too I would have bought it right now)
I am highly likely going to buy your other modular packs too for my first sci-fi game project (I am in a struggle to complete my first app that I should have released long time ago before I can begin working on the game)
I wouldnā€™t have time to do all the graphics myself and I need the best modular packs available to create the worlds, I will work on creating my own characters, weapons I think but I canā€™t do everything to complete the project in a few months.

Hey DarkS474, thank you for your support! If you have any feedback regarding assets youā€™d like to see added to the series let me know. Good luck with your project. Iā€™d love to see it whenever youā€™re ready to show it. =)

Hey everyone!

Just to give an update on where things are at the moment:

• The Props pack files have been reviewed, and from what Iā€™ve been told accepted. I am now awaiting information on the release date. Youā€™ll know as soon as I do!

• Iā€™m working on putting out an update for the first two packs that will provide source files for some of the assets that contain paint or text. That way developers can remove them if they desire, or implement their own designs. UI source files are being included as well. At the moment I am trying to figure out the best way to include them and how to direct developers to the content once itā€™s been updated. Documentation has also been developed to accompany this update and will go live once the updates have reached the servers.

• A few content packs have been in the conceptual stage, and I will be putting up a poll soon to gauge the priority you want me to place on them when it comes to their development. If you have any pack suggestions yourself, feel free to let me know!

Iā€™ll have plenty more information to share soon!

Awesome ! Been loving your packs so far and this one will definitely live up to the hype!

Hey ModBodDolphin, thanks! Your support is appreciated! =)

I also want to add that Iā€™m working on getting a video up. Iā€™ve been running into some issues with the quality after compression though. Havenā€™t been satisfied with the results. Hopefully we can find a solution to it.

Source Textures & Documentation

Documentation has been added to the main website covering topics such as custom masks, as well as color customization through the material instances included in the content packs. Instructions on how to obtain texture source files has also been included. If there are any topics you wish to see added, please let me know!

For now, take a look at the new Documentation page!

Prioritizing The Next Pack

I have started a poll to gauge and prioritize interest in the next pack for the Modular SciFi Series. There is so much more I have planned, and Iā€™m working to put packs out as quick as I can while maintaining the quality you are all used to. If you have a moment, please take a few minutes and vote in the poll or post feedback regarding where youā€™d like to see us go next!

Modular SciFi: Props I Release Date

I have just been informed and am happy to announce that Modular SciFi: Props I will officially release February 17th! So mark your calendars, it is only a few weeks away!

In closing, I want to thank you all again for your continued support of this series. I couldnā€™t have asked for a better group of customers and fellow developers. =)

Greetings everyone!

While I gather results for the next big pack in the series, I have set aside some time to take on another product: a materials & decals pack. Iā€™m looking to include things like floor tiles, walls, trims, decals, etc. This is useful for those who wish to utilize bsp or tiled textures in their projects, as well as decals. As always, material customization is a big feature in the series. Through RGB masks, you can customize and personalize your assets. Below are a few examples of some floor tiles. This is a small taste of what I plan to include. Let me know if thereā€™s anything specific youā€™d like to see in this pack!

96dc21e5f0667202d205fcbe55758f7fe88010cd.jpeg
6b80cbbd54a2d0b8104a27057667c3fa97b8bb3d.jpeg
ba041facccb93f8f798001e44bdf10d87e8143ca.jpeg
e4cdd3e94d93f24a0d9767c3190bf39bb290c7e1.jpeg
56305222851dfdcb87b26b7e4d208207176abb4d.jpeg
733f8c9912cf8bc4a0ef9093f58bf893b1b1a0e0.jpeg
69c3c76433ae404bd646db31d705b66e56aebfd2.jpeg
7d38129ba5d2e333cb61610838248a8ef8ed3f2f.jpeg
a5cc71a4e81d79b960abc4d4a705dffeaf799d91.jpeg
e61494e5f4b2e77d6d5d8a1eec0d13fcfe73e82b.jpeg

Iā€™m back with another update on the materials pack! Here is an example of how I incorporated details masks in the texture. That way when you change the colors of the tiles, or whatever it may be, things like scratches donā€™t conform to 1 color as well. The details also have their own PBR settings. As you can see below, you can choose to whichever color youā€™d like. For the purpose of the demonstration I chose white, and then black.

This is probably the shortest interval between updates Iā€™ve ever had. I am very excited about this pack though, and it is progressing nicely! The techniques Iā€™m using here I plan to incorporate in future packs, and would actually like to apply to the previous ones as well via an update sometime down the line. Here are more screenshots showing off the customization. A noteworthy example is the wall texture, one of which is clean the other of which is scratched up and dirty. Easily edited through the material instance settings.

That is just awesomeā€¦! Curious, what program do you use? Maya? Thanks!

teak

Glad you like it! I use Maya to model, xNormal to bake and Quixel to texture. =)

Hey it looks good :wink:

Just a note: perhaps donā€™t over-use some checker textures (or we will be able to play checkers :stuck_out_tongue: )

Keep up!

Hey Macoll!

Thanks! The checkered patterns are 100% optional by the way. Iā€™m using them here for the purpose of demonstrating color customization. =)

Hey everyone! Here are a few more screenshots of some of the other materials. I plan to make trims and a few more walls and floors next. Iā€™ll be doing the decals last.

The trailer for Modular SciFi: Props is live! The pack is set to go live on the marketplace tomorrow. Check it out below! =)

Got plans for this already!!

Thanks Amievil! Iā€™d love to see how you utilize it if you are able to share. =)