Modular SciFi Series - Engineer Hallways Vol. 2 Released!

I am pleased to announce that Modular SciFi: Polaris Colony is now available on the UE4 Marketplace! Get it HERE!

Also be sure to read the latest news article, where I talk about the future of the Polaris Collection as well as the Engineer Collection, and where the Modular SciFi Series is headed going forward!

Check out more screenshots on ArtStation and be sure to leave a like and comment!

Hey everyone! Hereā€™s a tease at the upcoming pack which will focus on Settlement Defense. Stay tuned for more! =)

Need cannons!!! :d

Turret defenses are indeed planned. And there may be cannons. =P

Hey! So we bit the bullet and bought the Season 2 collection, and it looks absolutely amazing. I do have ne problem thoughā€¦ The measurements are a mess. Iā€™m guessing that it all makes sense in some way, but looking through the assets, I genuinely wouldnā€™t have a clue which assets to use where and in combination with which other assets. Any chance youā€™d be able to write a design guide on how you intended for people to use these assets? Iā€™d really appreciate it!

Hey there Mr4Goosey!

Thank you for your support and purchasing the product!

The measurements for the assets are actually quite precise to be honest.The architectural pieces are designed to pretty much click together. Itā€™s the only way to make modular assets that can actually mesh together well. Have you taken a look at the example maps by chance? Their purpose is to demonstrate how the assets work together. The Season 2 bundle includes content from the Engineer Collection, which has probably the most complex architectural packs yet, but the example maps should give you an idea of how things click together.

Iā€™m not sure how a written guide would work given the sheer amount of assets and different combinations you can use them. Which is why environment packs usually come with demonstration maps that showcase how the different pieces work together. So you can see the assets in action, so to speak.

Assuming you havenā€™t looked through the example maps yet, once you have if you still have any questions remaining about any of the assets please feel free to follow up with me and Iā€™ll assist you as best as I can. =)

So itā€™s been a while since the last update, but Iā€™ve been hard at work on this latest addition. Now bear in mind, itā€™s still early WIP. This is pretty much just the block out for the most part. The materials are just solid color too, so itā€™s missing high poly details which Iā€™ve yet to create. But Iā€™ve wanted to share this for so long and I finally got it to form completion so figured I can finally reveal it. In addition to high poly details, there are more holographic/UI elements I plan to add to it to add to the silhouette. Plenty more to come ahead. =)

Turret_Wip_6.jpg

Basic/early texturing of the gun, wanted to share an update of how things are progressing. =)

Textured the ammo cartridges, and polished up the default material a bit. All thatā€™s left is to texture the base, screen and Iā€™m thinking some sort of holographic protective shield. =)

Turret_Wip_11.jpg

Working on the UI for the display. Turret_Wip_13.jpg

Stand is finished. Just need to polish a few things up and try out some designs for the holographic shield. Then itā€™s on to the next prop. =)

Turret_Wip_18.jpg

Hey man, thatā€™s great ^^

Hey Oliver, thanks! =)

Finally finished the energy turret. I wasnā€™t able to create a holographic shield that was up to my standards, so I put that idea on hold for now. A few things Iā€™d like to note:

• Itā€™s highly customizable materially. Including the ability to create your own camos through masks in UE4.

• I plan to include the baked maps (AO, Object Space Normals, Normals, Color ID, Curves) so that buyers who have access to programs such as Quixel or Substance can further customize the guns material and diffuse outside of UE4.

• I plan to include animations, specifically for blendspaces so that it can indeed be used/aimed. Actual firing functionality isnā€™t currently planned as thatā€™s beyond my skillset, but I want to at least provide those movement animations (up/down, turning, dismounted handle lifting) for those whoā€™d like to do so themselves.

Iā€™m looking forward to tackling the next prop. Check out more screens on ArtStation, and stay tuned for more!

Iā€™m excited to show off some of the early WIP of my first marketplace character. =)

As with the environment art, I aim to stress modularity with my character series both physically and materially. There are plenty more details Iā€™ll be able to share as things go on, but I wanted to finally reveal some of the things that have been going on behind the scenes. Nothing is final, and designs are subject to change (they have a few times actually) but this is the direction Iā€™m going on stylistically. Keep an eye out for more!

More progress on the robot. Multiple things are subject to change, and there are a few different ideas I want to play around with in some areas but this is the general direction. Once Iā€™ve fully blocked it out Iā€™ll be polishing it up with details and will work on the high poly/optimizing the low. =)

Finished the main form for the arms and hands. Moving onto the head then will rework a few pieces and polish. =)

Did a bit of polishing on some of the chest/back pieces today. Wanted to give an idea of how the weapon scales to characters. All thatā€™s left now is the head, and then arm/leg variants.

Finished the head. Was going for a manta ray/hammerhead vibe. Now itā€™s just a matter of detail polishing (wires, variants, etc.) making the high poly, and then optimizing/uving the low poly. Really looking forward to texturing this. =)

Switching gears back to the Polaris defense pack for a bit before I finish off the character. Hereā€™s an early blockout of the hilt of the stun baton. Still some more silhouette detail Iā€™d like to do, but this is the general direction. The idea is to make it where the shock rod itself extends from the hilt, and retracts when not in use so it can be worn on characters and such. More to come soon! =)