Download

Modular SciFi Series - Polaris Colony Released!

Just to confirm, the image in your answer is of a desk with a separate drawer. If this is what you provide, then it can be slid open in the same way a door can open within a door frame in UE. Can this be done with all the drawers? (Sorry, I’m no modeller, so I won’t be cutting up your stuff later :slight_smile: ).

Hey MuchToLearn! Thanks, that’s high praise being compared to that game! I am still planning to do the exterior environment. Right now it’s still in the concept and planning phase. From the looks of it, it’ll probably be the biggest pack in the collection. There’s so many cool things I want to do with it. I’m hoping to begin full production on it sometime this year. =)

I’ve been trying to figure out the best way to do this. I figured people who wanted to modify it could use their preferential modeling package and adjust the individual drawers. My biggest concern though is for people like you, who don’t model.

This brings me to option 2: I could provide a separate drawer mesh in UE4, along with empty desk variants. The only thing I have to figure out is how to get them to line up properly. I’m assuming this can be done with vertex snapping, in which case this would be the best option. And yes, all of the drawers for the desks and standalone furniture can be opened. =)

To sum it up, the previous images that show drawers are one object. But I will be providing a separate drawer mesh and hollow furniture variants for those who want to have open-able drawers. I hope that answers your question. =)

Progressing. Almost at the finish line. =)

4e794e16d1c5cd350fa54c710a0be32aad7e9b69.jpeg
WIP_109.jpg

Yes, it does. Very kind of you. :slight_smile:

Happy to assist! Let me know if you have any further questions. =)

You are having way too much over there creating this pack… It’s looking incredible, can’t wait to see it finished

Thanks Ironbelly! I’ve long been an admirer of your work. =)

wow it’s amazing!! great work!

Hey Vegaart, thanks! =)

Greetings everyone!

I’m excited to announce that work on the first props pack is complete! I just need to prep it for submission, which shouldn’t take longer than a day or so. I’ll be writing a detailed post for the pack soon. Until then, here are some more screens!

0519eabb099372258317e331c03c4c85082cfd4a.jpeg
ab5005b962b95ae67a26dfb3e5ac436cae5e7904.jpeg
WIP_112.jpg
WIP_113.jpg
911aeaab64ec45e9fb3d5be5cb610cf0a28aa8b4.jpeg

For those who may want to use the assets for a more modern look:

27388baf254b16b7c9f9768f0bc332749b40d815.jpeg
WIP_116.jpg
WIP_117.jpg

Here are some examples of how you can design the floors. Whether it’s through your preferential mixture of meshes, or materials - personalize your assets!

1f2d55e54a343c7b113631bc082c411853d14d57.jpeg
WIP_119.jpg
cdc45c334692f66a8dce1b358576d29adb650128.jpeg

Modular SciFi: Props I has been submitted. Check out the official thread here!

Day one purchase nuff said.

Awesome will keep a look out for it for sure.

Thank you for your support Amievil and Draven_lock! =)

fa15dd5b8d14e81b836311ce99015c2da0b80b41.jpeg

Greetings everyone!

I am excited to announce that Modular SciFi: Hallways will be going on sale this Thursday and Friday for 15% off! Be sure to take advantage of this 48 hour deal!

Greetings everyone!

I am working on basic documentation for the series at the moment. Currently it covers some of the color/pbr basics, as well as other things you can do to further customize your assets. If there is a particular topic you’d like to see me include, feel free to let me know!

Just bought it. (if you discounted your other pack too I would have bought it right now)
I am highly likely going to buy your other modular packs too for my first sci-fi game project (I am in a struggle to complete my first app that I should have released long time ago before I can begin working on the game)
I wouldn’t have time to do all the graphics myself and I need the best modular packs available to create the worlds, I will work on creating my own characters, weapons I think but I can’t do everything to complete the project in a few months.

Hey DarkS474, thank you for your support! If you have any feedback regarding assets you’d like to see added to the series let me know. Good luck with your project. I’d love to see it whenever you’re ready to show it. =)

Hey everyone!

Just to give an update on where things are at the moment:

• The Props pack files have been reviewed, and from what I’ve been told accepted. I am now awaiting information on the release date. You’ll know as soon as I do!

• I’m working on putting out an update for the first two packs that will provide source files for some of the assets that contain paint or text. That way developers can remove them if they desire, or implement their own designs. UI source files are being included as well. At the moment I am trying to figure out the best way to include them and how to direct developers to the content once it’s been updated. Documentation has also been developed to accompany this update and will go live once the updates have reached the servers.

• A few content packs have been in the conceptual stage, and I will be putting up a poll soon to gauge the priority you want me to place on them when it comes to their development. If you have any pack suggestions yourself, feel free to let me know!

I’ll have plenty more information to share soon!