Modular SciFi Series - Engineer Hallways Vol. 2 Released!

Two days left to take advantage of savings in the Spring Sale! Check it out now!

Hey everyone! Iā€™ve been receiving a quite a few emails inquiring about whether another pack is in the works, and if so what. I canā€™t say exactly just yet, but I am happy to confirm it will be the first product that will feature exterior and interior content equally. Iā€™m really excited about this one, and will be announcing it in the not so distant future. Stay tuned and keep an eye on this thread and twitter!

If itā€™s a spaceship I think I might die! Keep up the great work.

For this particular one, no. However a spaceship might be closer than you think, so keep the defibrillator handy! =P

And thanks! I have so many exciting things for this year, canā€™t wait to start showing it off. =)

TopDown modular Sci Fi Int/Ext plx! You have 2 seasons for a 1 & 3d person view, its unfair! /sigh

You can use any assets for any type of POV. 1st/3rd/top down = camera position is only difference.

Its very hard to use them in a TopDown projects, I would say impossible if ofcrs you want to release your game in a good shape. They are not designed to be used in this perspective.

Could you elaborate further? This doesnā€™t make any sense to me.

If I understand you correctly, youā€™re saying the pieces need to be modeled for that perspective - how so?

Hey Cryptaline! As youā€™ve noted these assets are designed with 1st/3rd person in mind. Top down specific content is something Iā€™d like to explore in the future, though donā€™t currently have any specific plans for. But you arenā€™t the first to ask. Itā€™s a matter of getting around to it, Iā€™m working through a list of products right now and will eventually happen upon that genre. =)

Hey BoothDigital! To answer your question top down perspective would benefit from assets that are designed to be visually appealing from a top down perspective. Since the modular scifi series thus far has been geared towards 1st/3rd person there hasnā€™t been any need to create assets that would be seen from that viewpoint. As I mentioned to Crpytaline itā€™s something Iā€™m open to, but after Iā€™ve worked through the current list of products that Iā€™m trying to put out. =)

I am nearing a point where I can finally share the next product in the series. It should be announced before the end of this month - stay tuned! =)

Thanks for the clarification !

I canā€™t wait to see whatā€™s coming next! Still need to get the Engineer Interiors.

No problem Shawn! I canā€™t wait to share it! Itā€™s so hard keeping things under wraps. =P

And thanks for your support!

Yay. And at least you keep top down perspective in mind, its a good start! Thank you.

Indeed! There are many product types and genres that I keep in mind. Itā€™s just a matter of getting around to it since Iā€™m just one developer doing this alone, with a rather large list. No problem. =)

After some issues with UE4 and the matinee editor, Iā€™m pleased to announce the release of the Season 2 Starter Bundle Trailer!

Iā€™m excited to announce the next step in the Modular SciFi Series, the Polaris Collection! This collection will focus on a mixture of interior & exterior architecture along with props. The first entry is centered around a modular colony environment, here are a few teaser images showcasing some of the assets that will be included. As always modularity both physically and materially will be a hallmark of these products, allowing you to put your mark on these assets and set them apart. Thereā€™s plenty more to come, I canā€™t wait to share with you the rest of this pack and reveal what else is in store for this collection! Stay tuned!

Omg!!!

Haha, thanks jojo! If thatā€™s your reaction to a couple of catwalk meshes, wait until you see what else is in store for this pack! =P

Started on the exterior building assets today. Variant A of the doorway. The bounds in the last screenshot should give you an idea of whatā€™s to come. =)

6.jpg

Truly beautiful work.

Thanks duke22! =)