Modular SciFi Series - Engineer Hallways Vol. 2 Released!

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to let you know that with the release of 4.14 I will be evaluating all products on the UE4 marketplace and Gumroad for compatibility. More information soon.

All products on the UE4 marketplace and Gumroad have been marked for 4.14 compatibility.

do you know when the command center will come to UE Marketplace? ALso, I assume it would perfectly fit-in the other scifi assets/bundles 1 :slight_smile:

Hey duyth,

Your first question Iā€™ve answered a few posts above. To your second question, yes this pack does fit with the other pack in the series. Specifically in terms of physical architecture, the back and side walls have been designed to accommodate the doorways from the other packs for seamless integration.

Thanks, Just a final question please. Is the yellow dashboard an UMG thing . I"m not sure if I misunderstood but I think it was mentioned/asked by someone somewhere in this thread

No problem. The UI is not UMG, it is material based.

I can just say PERFECT

Thank you Vahid. =)

I lied, still have 1 more question. How large is that center/circle area (the area with the control UMG). Would it be big enough to build kind of a launch pad (as I plan to place a vehicle on it)

Hey duyth,

The environment is built to the ue4 mannequin scale. This image should give you an idea of the size.

Hello,

Great work JonF, bought all your offerings off the Marketplace and Gundam. Took some time recreating the hallway you offer in the Collection package, small window required resizing. Would have bought it all off Gundam, but I thought your latest update gave us the collection map. For those of us that paid full price off the Marketplace, is there anyway you could give us that map to save some time?

Also, to save time, does anyone have the blueprint for working doors, and sound, with and without the new keypad? So many people have bought this I though it would save time if someone shared their Matinee and blueprint setupā€¦especially for locked doors using the keypad to open.

My vote for future add-on packages, a lift or elevator, crew living quarters, a bar or entertainment area, conference area, large hanger for spacecraft.

A Halograph pack would be great for control panels and room identifiers, to complement the decals, like you see in The Division gameā€¦and a tutorial explaining how you did the Command Center console Halogram, and on how to expand on it. Most of the tutorials on-line are out of date.

I have bought over 100 items on the Marketplace, and must say you offer real value, and a quality product that will look great in any AAA release. I am not developing a game, but a training environment. I chose your offerings because it reminded me of the interiors of the movie Moon, Blade Runner, games like Deus Ex, and the work of Siamon89 (Tarik Keskin) on DeviantArt. I donā€™t have the time to do my own CAD and 3D modeling, so your offerings have been invaluable.

Look forward to your next release, and any help on my questions such as the doors and downloading the collections map, would be appreciated.

^
all of his suggestions yes please :smiley:

Hey CrashA51!

First of all thank you for your support. I also want to mention I responded to your feedback on my product page too in case you want to check that out.

To answer your questions:

At the moment I do not have anything in place to do that. I would have loved to give the collection map to everyone who purchased the required packages, but the marketplace does not have a system in place that allows for that (I have asked repeatedly for it, plus discounts for repeat buyers). Without an automated way of doing this, I wonā€™t be able to since I have so many customers who bought all the packs and would be interested in the same thing. Iā€™m a one man team, so the manual labor on that alone would take away a vast amount of time from development. That being said, Iā€™m still trying to explore options on this. As I mentioned above, in a perfect world I would loved to have done this for all people who purchased.

As for blueprints, as I mentioned above I answered your comment on the product page but you touch upon some other elements here as well so here goes: Iā€™m looking into providing blueprint support for the doors. I wonā€™t have time to retroactively apply it to the existing packs at the moment, but will try to do it when the next pack comes out which will be making use of new doors.

More UI/Holos are something Iā€™d like to do. If youā€™ve taken a look at the UI texture you can see itā€™s essentially a trim sheet of designs. I want to make more of these in the future that developers can mix and create their own UIs with. A tutorial is a great idea, and something Iā€™ll likely do as I add more to help explain how you can use the textures to create your own custom UI screens.

On future packs, without committing to a specific timeline or order I can tell you that I do have plans for pretty much everything you have up there. Living quarters and bar/club are very high on the list right now, and you should be seeing those sometime next year. I was also coming up with some plans for a large hangar just the other day as well. My goal is to increase the amount of packs I put out each year, so hopefully I will have quite a few out of that list for you in 2017.

Thank you, that is very humbling to hear. Iā€™m glad that youā€™ve found my products to be useful, and look forward to providing you with more quality content. =)

With regards to the door, if you rather not wait for official blueprint implementation check out this tutorial in the meantime. I will also be sure to notify you and everyone else if the circumstances regarding the collection map change. Let me know if you have any more questions or feedback, and Iā€™ll be happy to assist. =)

Thanks for the quick reply ā€¦ sounds like 2017 is going to be a very good year!

No problem! And indeed, I am very excited about upcoming products. =)

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to give you a heads up that Modular SciFi: Props I will be 15% off as part of the Cyber Monday sale.

Modular SciFi: Props I is now on sale for Cyber Monday!

Hey everyone!

Iā€™m excited to be able to show off the first teaser for my new upcoming product. If everything goes according to plan, this will be the largest pack I release yet. I will have more details on the theme as development progresses, so keep an eye on this thread. @gozu this will add more straight stair variants to the series, I hope you like the new designs! =)

Cool man! Looking great already! :smiley:

I have a few things to say, incase anyone reads this, and you donā€™t have the props pack, buy it now while itā€™s on sale, thatā€™s incredible value.

Also, im liking the comms pack so far, about half the meshes need the pivot reset though as itā€™s centered on the scene not the piece. Perhaps this is something that was already updated and i missed the update?
Would make using them as modular bits much easier. (this was perhaps that 4.14 bug you mentioned?)

Im loving all the little bits, like pipes, wall detail bits. Youā€™re work is constantly improving :slight_smile:

Hey gozu!

Thanks, Iā€™m glad you like it. =)

Have you checked out the documentation on Command Center? I spoke a bit as to why some of the mesh pivots are at the center of the map as opposed to the edge. Basically this is due to the curvature and somewhat fixed nature of the overall layout. Some pieces such as the back walls still use the traditional pivot placement. If I were to guess Iā€™d say about 3/5 or so had to use center map pivot placement.

Thank you, Iā€™m glad to hear it. Iā€™ve learned some new techniques recently that Iā€™m excited to apply to this new product as well. =)