Mobile Previewer Android crashes

Hi,
I have followed the documentation on setting up an android project in UE 5.2, everything seems to be working fine, the mobile preview ES3.1 and Vulcan both work. However when I “Enable mobile PIE with preview device launch options”, it crashes and does not give much information. Here’s what the crash reporter says:

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000001704

UnrealEditor_UnrealEd
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
kernel32
ntdll

Any ideas how I can fix this?

I’m also facing the same issue. I’ve tried to use both Android Studio 4.0 and the latest one but nothing change.
Did you find a solution?
Below is the log with the editor symbols.

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000001704

UnrealEditor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::GetActiveShaderPlatform() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\EditorEngine.cpp:7931]
UnrealEditor!FEngineLoop::AppInit() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\LaunchEngineLoop.cpp:6695]
UnrealEditor!FEngineLoop::PreInitPreStartupScreen() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\LaunchEngineLoop.cpp:2860]
UnrealEditor!GuardedMain() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Launch.cpp:140]
UnrealEditor!GuardedMainWrapper() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:107]
UnrealEditor!LaunchWindowsStartup() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:244]
UnrealEditor!WinMain() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:284]
UnrealEditor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [D:\a\_work\1\s\src\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:288]
kernel32
ntdll

I thank you in advance for your help

edit:
just to add some information, the crash occur using UE5.2.1 however mobile preview works fine when using UE4.26.2(didn’t check with UE5.1)

I still haven’t figured it out

The issue seams to be fixed in UE5.3 preview1.
I was able to run several device without any issue

Thank you for letting me know

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.