Download

Missing precompiled manifest for 'Text3D'

Hi, I am getting the following error when trying packaging the app for shipping:

ERROR: Missing precompiled manifest for ‘Text3D’. This module was most likely not flagged for being included in a precompiled build - set ‘PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any;’ in Text3D.build.cs to override. PackagingResults: Error: Missing precompiled manifest for ‘Text3D’. This module was most likely not flagged for being included in a precompiled build - set ‘PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any;’ in Text3D.build.cs to override.

I tried to include PrecompileTargetsType.Any in the build file of Text3d. I tried also to put the plugin as a public dependency in the project build files.

It didn’t help. Some answers I found here suggest to exclude the plugin to overcome the issue but I am using it so it must be packaged.

Did you regenerate project files and rebuild the plugin after updating the Text3D.build.cs file?

No. AFAIK I can’t rebuild the engine plugins in the distributed engine. So you say I have to rebuild the plugin in the engine built from the source with PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any; in?
I will try,but I wonder why there should be all this manual work? This is Epic’s plugin which is part of the engine. Why it can’t just be included in the shipping build like the rest of the modules?

Did you check the boxes for all the targets in the engine, then?
Is the Text3D plugin listed as compatible for the target you want to use it with?
Some plugins are not supported on all targets.

Text 3D is a beta plugin as far as I can tell. Epic reserves the right to change or even completly remove those. Possibly they didn’t include it in order to discourage people from using them in shipping projects.

This is Windows64 target. If it is not supported there then I don’t see the point to add this plugin to the engine distribution at all.

I don’t disagree :slight_smile:

You might want to clone the plugin as a plugin in your own project, and use it from there. At the point where you copy the source code, it becomes “part of your game” and thus not subject to the restrictions on bundled/pre-built plugins.

Yes, that’s what I have done. I build it with all our modification in the Engine built from the source then copy into the standard engine distribution. Btw, it is a very nice and important plugin. There a lot to improve there for dynamic scenarios, but overall it is great. I hope Epic won’t remove it ))

I am still stuck on this one. Any more ideas? Anybody from @epic can help?