Download

Missing Modules - Unable to rebuild

I have been following a tutorial for a Blueprint Vehicle, it asked me to create a C++ library so I went ahead and followed the instructions to do so.

After I’d named it and created it, I got a pop-up saying needs to recompile or something. (Sorry I’m not exactly sure of the message) I took that to mean restart the build, so I saved all and shut it down. When I tried to open it again I got a message saying

"The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version: BumpandGrind (our project name) - Would you like to rebuild them now?

When I click yes, I get another message saying BumpandGrind could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manually.

I honestly have no idea what to do, I’m locked out of the build and I’m not sure what I did wrong. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If there is any error in the souce code the editor won’t start. Open the source files in visual studio or any other ide you are using and see if you made any error in the code. And if you have pasted some c++ make sure that it is not depreciated in the version that you are working.

Thanks for your reply, I fixed it by reverting the commit on GitHub. I think I figured out the problem, the version of VS I was using had an expired license so Unreal couldn’t complete the process and soft locked…maybe. Just my theory. I’ve downloaded the latest free version and will try again .