Midi Fighter 3d and Ureal4

Hi all. I’d like to see if there is any way to incorporate Midi Fighter 3d https://store.djtechtools.com/products/midi-fighter-3d#technical_details with unreal4 to use it as a controller. What do you guys think?

You would have to do this via the source code and create a plugin like they did for Leap and Kinect.

So it is possible but someone would probably have to get their hands on a device and then do the crunch work to get it working.

I can kind of see why you are interested but I am struggling to see a practical use for it though … it is a wonderful dilemma. 8-}

I’m sure it is. It’s for a friend who is learning sound design and wants to use MidiFighter 3d for a musical game for a college project. At this stage we are just checking if our ideas can be executed or not.

Ah cool … I like it. Good luck.

@anonymous_user_8aab796e

Take a look at the OSC thread ([Plugin] OSC for UE4 - Engine Source & GitHub - Unreal Engine Forums) as that will most likely be what you need to connect this controller to UE4. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply. I’ll ask my friend to check this. He was about to contact the manufacturer to see if he can get the source code. I’ll keep you updated with the progress.

Thanks again. :slight_smile: