Metaballs Proof of Concept

Would it be possible to make it so, that you could place individual charges manually in a Blueprint? Also, do you have a good example of how to make the UVW blend correctly? :slight_smile:

Sure you could do that, the full source to the is available. I am not really doing anything with it anymore. I may pick it back up at a later point, this is the main reason why I handed out the source as is.

No I do not.

@ what happened with this project ?
Why no PR to Epic ?

I vote YES. Metaballs for GOLEMS. Simply Amazing .

Sorry for digging out this old thread but this is basically everything I can find about metaballs in UE4.
Unfortunately the -links are no longer working.
Has there been any progress on this and where can I get it?
There was this stream about metaballs: Custom Material Node: How to use and create Metaballs | Live Training | Unreal Engine - YouTube
but they don’t really make metaballs, they just create a material that has metaball-like looking circles in it. I think for what I’m planning I’d need more something like actual metaballs; actual sphere meshes fusing together.
My game will have generated characters ideally made of metaballs, kind of like in the game Spore but a lot simpler - only a couple of differently scaled balls or so. But without a metaball material they just look like they’re made of, well, balls.

Hi,

I’m also looking for some good metaball references for UE4.

If anyone is willing to share any info or files, i would be very much appreciative.

This would be great for VENOM in VR