Maya to Unreal Engine 4 Workflow

I’m tearing my hair out here trying to figure this out. I’ve created, rigged, and weighted a door in Maya 2016 using a very simple bone rig (one root joint, a hinge joint, and two joints for the handles). I’ve successfully animated an open sequence, but that’s where I’m getting lost. What I want is to have separate open and close animations for the door in Unreal 4 (which I’ll then control with a player input handled via Blueprint), but Maya doesn’t allow more than one animation to be exported in an FBX. This seems like such a basic thing, but no tutorial I’ve found has covered this. How do I create multiple animations for an object in Maya? I should somehow be able to save them with unique names I can reference later, right? How do I export multiple animations so that I can import them into Unreal 4? Then once that’s done, how do I access those animations in Unreal 4? I’m new to this whole process and it’s very frustrating, if anyone could provide information or links to tutorials covering what I’m trying to do, it would be very appreciated!

I think you misunderstood the workflow a bit…
Its super simple:
1 YOu have a rig in maya. You create an animation for it. Bake it to bones and export the baked animated bones to .fbx.
2 Now you make a new scene in maya, import your rig again, make the next animation, bake to bones, export bones to .fbx.
3 Now you should have 2 fbx files with the 2 different animations you did.
4 If you havent yet, export the door skinned to the bones (only that, mesh and bones) to .fbx and import into ue4 as skeletal mesh.
5 Now import the 2 fbx animations into ue4 and set the skeleton to use the skeleton that you imported in step 4.

Done, now you have two animations in ue4 that operate on your skeletal mesh that you can then mix and match in the BP to fit your needs… Easy as that mate.