Just getting started trying to record Matinees for offline viewing, and I’m getting stumped. I’m not sure where else to post this. Here’s my process so far:
- Create a new matinee
- Set Camera position, and create a new camera group
- Set keyframes for camera position on the movement track of the camera
- Create new director group.
- Hit Enter to add the camera group to the director group
- In the Matinee properties, make sure that “Play on Level Load” is checked (many times this doesn’t work, so…)
- In the level blueprint, add “Event Begin Play” wire it to the “Play” event, with the matinee actor the target.
- Go back to the matinee editor, and click on “Movie” and choose “AVI”, “1280x720”, and “30” fps, along with “Turn on Cinematic Mode” with all options checked except for “Disable Texture Streaming”.
- Hit “Ok”
At this point, the game loads up, and appears to play the matinee and capture it. However, it only captures about 10% of the time. If I adjust the timing of the keyframes, then record again, it all goes through, but there is nothing saved to \ProjectName\Saved\VideoCaptures. In fact, if I change to “PNG Image Sequence” or anything else, it will play the matinee, but no images will show up in \ProjectName\Saved\Screenshots either.
I assume that I am doing something wrong. If anyone has some recommendations as to what is happening to cause the capture to fail time and time again, I’d love to hear! I also think that there could definitely be some improvements made in the matinee workflow. It seems like all the pieces are there, but the process is just overly complicated. I’d love to discuss this further with those interested. Thanks for the help!