Material Editor leaked refs

Hi,
I’m getting a breakpoint when trying to edit the UV input of a TextureSampleParameter2D node in the material editor. By “edit” I mean either disconnect the existing one, or connecting a new one.

Fatal error: [File:.../UE5/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Private/Materials/MaterialShared.cpp] [Line: 1794] 
 Leaked 1 refs

Has anyone experienced this so far, and is there a way to avoid it?

Hi, same problem here, since the last few days, it happens every 5 to 15 minutes when edditing materials or material functions:

On my end, I’ve experienced this while creating new texture2D input parameters and/or messing arround with any texture2D nodes (lerp, UVs editing, …)

I’ve switched from the early access branch to the main branch, the issue is fixed on the main branch.

1 Like

what does switching from early access branch to main branch mean? I am having the same problem whenever I open the material editor and try assigning a color the program crashes giving the same error log.

what does switching from early access branch to main branch mean?

It means they are building the engine from the github repo rather than using the downloaded libs from the Epic Games Launcher. In git there are different branches that you can select and one of them is the main branch. After selecting the 5.0 main branch they download the engine source code and build the engine from that.