Maps won't load on Linux Server Executable

I am experiencing an issue where the server executable gets stuck waiting for IO when loading the map. It just seems to loop forever from ProcessAsyncLoading to WaitForIO printing “Waited for 10 seconds on IO” every time it retries.

This only happens on a native Linux environment or on a Virtual Machine, as when I use the Windows Subsystem for Linux’s bash console it loads past that point without any problems.

This is also pretty much the only process running on the machine that is doing any kind of IO, when I run iotop no other process rises above 1% while this is happening, and I can see both loading threads from Unreal Engine reaching 60~90% IO, then just **disappear **from the list once we reach the point where it starts looping and waiting.

It also doesn’t seem to matter which map I try to load, a simple scene hits the same point as a full-fledged landscape map.

Any help as to how to proceed or which settings, if any, I should take a look at would be appreciated.

In case anyone reaches this post trying to find a solution, you can just disable event driven loading in the project settings: Unreal Engine 4.20 & 4.21 and beyond | Page 2 | The FreeBSD Forums