Unreal Meetup

Hey all!

We run a quarterly Meetup group here in where we host dev talks and have a general catch up (as most of you do at other User Groups across the world!). We wanted to share the content from our Meetups in case any of you from the community were interested in the topics we’re talking about. I’ll be updating the thread as we host more Meetup’s but I hope you enjoy the content so far!

Next Meetup: Friday Feb 3rd 2017
Meetup page: https://www.meetup.com/-Unreal-Engine-Meetup/
Blog: http://manchesterunrealmeetup.tumblr.com/

Unreal Meetup #2

Layered approach to AI locomotion - Burton, Jonny Pickton - White Paper Games
Burton and Jonny Pickton from White Paper Games talk us through their approach to AI locomotion in UE4. It’s a good in-depth breakdown of the communication between tech, implementation, animation & code.

Development with and without Unreal Engine - Field, Media Molecule
From his work at Ninja Theory and Naughty Dog to where he is currently at Media Molecule, has used a wide range of game engine software. In this talk, he shares his experience with Unreal Engine, and highlights the similarities it has to other tools he’s used in the industry.

Transfuzer project, Voltaic - Jack Fiddes & Dan Saxon
Voltaic was a successful applicant to the UK Games Fund. This is a must see talk for anyone thinking about starting a small independent studio or even a 3rd year student at University wondering what to do next after graduation.

MUEM #2 - Transfuzer project, Tome Travellers - Connor Stanley & Tom Hughes
Tome Travellers was a successful applicant to the UK Games Fund. This is a must see talk for anyone thinking about starting a small independent studio or even a 3rd year student at University wondering what to do next after graduation.

Unreal Meetup #1

Transferring Unreal Engine as my development tool - Gary Napper, SCEE
Lead designer at SCEE, Gary Napper talks through his game design process and how Unreal has enabled his team to prototype quickly.

Development of Unbox - Andrew Bennison, Prospect Games
Andrew Bennison from Prospect Games talks about their latest game, Unbox. From Unreal Engine Game Jam entry to publishing a game, Andrew talks us through their process of setting up an Independent studio and things to consider when releasing a game.

Reflections on current Studio Developments - Pete Bottomley, White Paper Games
Pete Bottomley is a Game Developer at White Paper Games. He talks us through where the studio is currently at in development with their new title and some common pitfalls they encounter along the way.

Thanks for all of these great videos Pete!

No problem! I hope people in the community find them informative! :slight_smile: