I am bringing a lot of static meshes into Unreal and find myself doing a lot of repetitive work like setting the lightmap resolution and no collision, etc. to each object I am importing.
A lot of time burnt up
Wondering if there is a way to create a macro or script by which:
- All objects in a folder can be imported.
- Import settings set for all those objects.
- Lightmap settings set for all those objects.
- Collisions set for all those objects.
- Materials in a folder assigned to each of those objects.
Just wondering if this is possible rather than doing it all by hand and one by one.
For example …
Here are the parts for a ship I imported.
I have to open each static mesh in its editor and set the lightmap resolution, collision, etc.
It takes forever …
Is there a way to set the settings for ONE of these meshes and then say “make the settings the same for all the meshes in that folder” ?