Not sure if it’s the right sub-forum, but couldn’t find anything that fits better
I’m Kristóf Morva, a full-time game programmer at Zen Studios, but in my free-time I love working on side projects (creating the current one for more than half a year now).
Although I get along fine creating prototype environments, I don’t have the skills for building production-ready visuals.
I’m planning to outsource the art my current and future games need, but before doing that, I wanted to give a chance to finding an artist in a similar setting from the other side of the fence.
More specifically, I’m looking for a 2D/3D artist with whom we can build smaller-scoped (PC/Consoles) games together in our free time.
It’s alright if you don’t have 10 years of experience and if you don’t know every single 3D feature of the engine, but please:
- Have all the basic understanding, like PBR, lighting, post-process, etc.
- If you don’t yet know something (Niagara, Chaos, etc), be keen to learn them and to always improve.
- Have some basic experience in the industry, some portfolio, studies, or something similar.
- Actually have some free time, being periodically unreachable and idle for 2 months because “things came together” is not really something we could plan anything with.
- And most importantly: Be creative. Be passionate about creating new worlds. I believe video games are the best medium for it, as it reaches new generations much better than books, but it’s infinitely more accessible than movies. With today’s tools and support, small teams under a few months can create atmospheric, immersive worlds for the players to dive in, to explore, characters to connect with and to embody. Stories, which when reaching the end, the player feels like they don’t know what to do with their lives, because in the past days they were impersonating the game’s protagonist and they don’t want to quit it. Hard and well-thought challenges, which, after completion, give the player rewarding sensation. Games can generate fun and many types of emotions, and I’m looking for someone who wants to builds these instead of packs of vertices. Sorry for the long paragraph, I just want to make sure that our goals at least partially match
If you’re in similar shoes, or you would like to collaborate in some way - let’s connect!