Download

Logitech Plugin

UPDATE: I’ve switched to using this plugin: https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm…h-wheel-plugin Rather than do all the work again myself. Also I did get it compiled but started having errors with static member functions or something, but I’m not using my own code now so all is well.

Original Post:

I downloaded the Logitech plugin https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp…chg-sdk-plugin , and a wonderful Phyronnaz in discord recompiled it for 4.18 for me. Now I’m trying to follow the usage intstructions. Unfortunately it doesnt seem to have anything blueprint exposed, and I dont know much about c++. I’ve spent a bit of time trying to just get it to compile, no actual commands yet.

Instructions snippet:
[SPOILER]:

[/SPOILER]

In the editor I created a new class based on Pawn. I then modified the Public dependancies line in my HTank.Build.CS:

PublicDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string] { "Core", "CoreUObject", "Engine", "InputCore", "LogitechG" });

This is my CPP file:

#include "LogitechPawn.h"
#include "..\..\..\UE_4.18\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\LogitechG\Source\LogitechG\Public\ILogitechG.h"

FModuleManager::LoadModuleChecked< IModuleInterface >("LogitechG");

// Sets default values
ALogitechPawn::ALogitechPawn()
{
     // Set this pawn to call Tick() every frame.  You can turn this off to improve performance if you don't need it.
    PrimaryActorTick.bCanEverTick = true;

}

// Called when the game starts or when spawned
void ALogitechPawn::BeginPlay()
{
    Super::BeginPlay();

if (ILogitechG::IsAvailable())
        {
            ILogitechG::Get().LedInit();
        }

}

// Called every frame
void ALogitechPawn::Tick(float DeltaTime)
{
    Super::Tick(DeltaTime);

}

// Called to bind functionality to input
void ALogitechPawn::SetupPlayerInputComponent(UInputComponent* PlayerInputComponent)
{
    Super::SetupPlayerInputComponent(PlayerInputComponent);

}

It was giving me an error that it couldnt find ILogitechG.h when I had it as shown in the instructions, so I added the long format include. When I tried building, Unrealbuildtool crashed, but it kept me in the VS editor. Now the error is “Error C2761 ‘LoadModuleChecked’: member function redeclaration not allowed” What am I doing wrong?

You guys are great !!! Thank you, but I beg you to upgrade to version 4.22