Linker Errors: ULevelStreaming::SetLODIndex

1>DynamicLevels.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: int __cdecl ULevelStreaming::GetLODIndex(class UWorld *)const " (?GetLODIndex@ULevelStreaming@@QEBAHPEAVUWorld@@@Z) referenced in function “public: void __cdecl UDynamicLevels::SetTileStreamingVisible(int,bool,bool)” (?SetTileStreamingVisible@UDynamicLevels@@QEAAXH_N0@Z)

1>DynamicLevels.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __cdecl ULevelStreaming::SetLODIndex(class UWorld *,int)" (?SetLODIndex@ULevelStreaming@@QEAAXPEAVUWorld@@H@Z) referenced in function "public: void __cdecl UDynamicLevels::SetTileStreamingVisible(int,bool,bool)" (?SetTileStreamingVisible@UDynamicLevels@@QEAAXH_N0@Z)

Hi . Would you be able to provide some more details regarding what you are attempting to do when you receive these errors?

Thanks

Hi ,

the method ULevelStreaming::GetLODIndex() is currently not exported from the Engine module, i.e. it is missing the ENGINE_API macro. This means that you cannot use it in other modules outside of Engine.

There might be a good reason for not exporting this method, or it might be an oversight. If you can make a good case for exporting this method, we can probably make that change.

“If you can make a good case for exporting this method, we can probably make that change.”

I dont have one heee hee

My real issue was that I was not spawning a ALevelBounds actor.

I fixed that and resolved the issue for which I was curious about the LOD function

Thanks Gerke!

#:heart: