Linetrace fail on procedural mesh with custom collision

Hey everybody !

I’m facing an issue and was wondering if any of you had ever encountered it and fixed it. I have an actor made of one ProceduralMeshComponent. Mesh is generated during postload, and a convex hull is calculated and added for collision purposes. In the PIE, I can confirm with pxvis collision and the PVD that the collision meshes are properly generated and are actually blocking my character as expected. However, if I try to do a line trace, even with ECC_Visibility, it doesn’t find anything. The mesh has collisions enabled (QueryAndPhysics) and response to all channels set to ECR_Block in the constructor. Any idea where I could start my troubleshooting ?

Thanks !

Hi,

The convex hull that is being calculated for collision purposes, do you know what it’s collision complexity is set to? Most likely it is set to project default, which is Simple and Complex, but I want to be sure.

The reason why I ask is because there is a Trace Complex boolean in the LineTraceByChannel function:

350474-linetrace.png

I am wondering if enabling this in your case will actually return the hit on your object. Please let me know, and good luck :slight_smile: