Download

Lighting is creating harsh edges on objects that I made and making it look piecy. Help!?

I don’t understand how I could fix this. With BSP, you simply fix the alignment and all the textures match, but with these imported fbx, I am not sure where to even start. I want the ceiling trim to look seamless and appear as one piece. how do I do this without creating one giant piece? Is it possible?

It looks like your mesh might have a normals or a smoothing issue. Do you have your normal map set to normal map compression? It’s also better not to construct simple things like that out of multiple objects, it saves you a minuscule amount of memory but costs you a great deal of performance due to the increased draw calls.

Thanks for the reply.

Honestly, I’m a newbie, so I’m not sure I understand what you mean by normal map compression. Also, as far as not modeling things in modules like that, are you suggesting that modeling the trim entirely in my 3D program and importing it? I feel like that would cause so many issues with sizing and placement.