Download

Light bake wrong

Hello everyone,

this is my first time here, so I apologize if this has been asked and solved before and I can’t seem to find it.

I’m working with this appartment scene and for some reason light is bleeding through the floor in odd places.

Initially the floor itself was a mesh but it turned black after every light bake. Replacing it with a bsp brush fixed that issue and the light on it baked correctly but the bleeding issue remains.

In the attached screenshots you can see how it is and below how it’s supposed to be. Do you have any idea what could cause this or how to find a quick fix for it?

Thank you very much!

• T.

Make sure there is no gap between the floor and the walls, and make the floor mesh thicker; dont use planes for building meshes when there is a light source outside.

Also make sure that walls/floors/ceiling don’t extend beyond each other, otherwise shadows/light on the outside can bleed to the inside.

Thanks for your help guys. The culprit was an invisible cube that functioned as collider that one of my colleagues put in and that I didn’t know about. Without it the light bake works again as intended.

• T.