Lift BP

First off, I’m very new to blueprints, so please forgive me in that aspect.
I’m trying to make a simple elevator blueprint, but I cannot seem to figure it out.

Pic related is what I have so far, but not what I want. I want to be able to have the player capsule collide with the lift box trigger and then go up if the E key is pressed. I have no problem making the elevator go up with a simple collision node, but it’s not what I want. Basically, I need a switch.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Hi James!

The easiest way to do this would be create a bool that toggles when the player overlaps with the trigger volume. From there you can enable/ disable player input which you will then be able to drive into your matinee or timeline.

You can look at this tutorial if you need a little more info: http://youtu.be/_NCtcHXJPjg?list=PLZlv_N0_O1gbYMYfhhdzfW1tUV4jU0YxH

Thanks for the link. I had come very close to setting that up like he did, but I missed a few steps. I’m having a problem driving it into matinee, though.

If I connect the E key to play, then it defeats the purpose of the triggers listening for player input. Again, I apologize for being so new.

Edit: A Gate node did the trick.