Layered blend per bone not blending

Hi

I’m trying to use the Layered blend per bone, but it doesn’t seem to be working.

I’m using the standard blue man and his skeleton for my work.

I have made an aim offset that I am trying to blend with the walking/running animation, but it is mostly ignored. Not completely ignored, there are some minor changes, but it is not a full blend as it should be. It might have something to do with the IK bones that are on the skeleton, but I am not sure.

Tell me what info you need to help and I will provide it.
Screenshots, videos, whatever.

Small video of my problem.

You have all of the anims for the aim offset set up as additive mesh space? I don’t think that you need to use a blend node for it, you just take your base pose and plug it straight into the aim offset. Aim offsets are already designed to blend, they’re additive on top of that base pose, so you shouldn’t need to use the layered blend.

They were set to additive mesh space already

I get the same result if I don’t use the blend per bone nodes. Really strange.

How are you calculating the yaw and pitch? It’s possible that you’re getting the wrong values fed into the aim offset. Also, if you haven’t already, check and make sure that the aiming bool is what you expect it to be when playing.

The problem shows in the preview window. The values are set correctly, because it blends find with the aim hip aim offset I have. When I set the “Aiming” to true, he kind of shrugs, and changes position… but his hands stay down.