[Launcher] Connection to server

I have looked into this extensively, I have tried going into the properties and putting -http=wininet after in the target, as well as I have checked to see if I am in a proxy server. The latest one I have tried to help fix my problem is that of changing the DNS setting. Nothing has worked as of yet and all I get is that the there is no connection to the server. I am running on an Alienware 13 if that helps

Hi NerdRebellion,

Try the troubleshooting steps in this section of the troubleshooting guide.

If nothing works, follow the steps here to generate your Debug Logs. Post them here, along with your Dxdiag/system specs.

Alright so i have tried them just now and no luck including for the debuglogging. I had to go into Offline mode which will not allow me to install of course in order to enable the debug log

Hello again!

While this may have no bearing on your issue, I see that both your integrated gpu and discrete gpu drivers are out-of-date. Could you please update both of these then try again? If it still doesn’t work, please reply back with a new dxdiag.

How do I update them?

Hello Nerdrebellion,

Since you are on an Alienware 13 system, please check the Dell support site to check your drivers. Additionally, you may find more up-to-date Nvidia drivers here.

It is taking me awhile and nothing has truly happened thus far with the updates. I have not been able to do much. This is to keep up the post so as to not let you think it has been resolved

Hello Nerdrebellion!

Are you saying that you were unable to update your drivers? Also, are you running any sort of firewall or network monitoring software? If so please disable or try adding the following as an exception:

xmpp-service-prod.ol.epicgames.com port 5222

Also, if you have an antivirus software running, please try disabling that as well.

Hi Nerdrebellion,

We haven’t heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please try the suggestion that I mentioned above then post back here with the requested info.

If you need anything else, feel free to ask.